VIOFO A119 V3

I'm considering a spare one as mine is currently doing everything I need.

I tested my USB-C phone and tablet with a mini to C adapter yesterday and they both complained. After the incompatible message both did start charging via a powerbank but when tested via a fast mains charger neither started charging but thought it was a data only connection.

Update: Ordered as a spare but I'll rotate my current one to keep both active.

Not just considered but got :D

All tested, back to 1.03, and now on charge for an hour as it's probably been on a shelf somewhere :

DGyIPig.jpg

and the bonus was that the foam pad went on without issue. I have some in stock as they are no longer supplied. I did mount it in the car and waggle it and it does move slightly and I could easily produce a plastic on plastic 'tap'

Next job is to mark them for rotation................

Why 1.02 and not 1.03 ?

Hello everyone,

I bought the viofo a119 v3 a week ago. I am happy with its performance during daytime, but a bit disappointed in the night quality. It looks pretty bad and the license plates for the vehicles coming from the other lane are not visible at all. I've watched a video before purchasing where this model was picking up every possible license plate even during the night. Am I doing something wrong?

Attaching a few screenshots. I tried both HDR on and off, I don't see any difference to be honest. The darker it gets outside the worse it is: in the third picture you can see the license plate clearly enough, but when it gets fully dark all of them look like the other pictures.

Attachments

• ss1.png
    ss1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • ss2.png
    ss2.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 21
  • ss3.png
    ss3.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 23
  • ss4.png
    ss4.png
    495.2 KB · Views: 21
Thank you. My CPL is arriving in a few days. I'll also try changing the EV. Is that a good setting for daytime as well?

Thank you. My CPL is arriving in a few days. I'll also try changing the EV. Is that a good setting for daytime as well?
During the day, HDR should be turned off.
In this firmware you can set the time when the HDR will turn on and when it will turn off.

Hello everyone,

I bought the viofo a119 v3 a week ago. I am happy with its performance during daytime, but a bit disappointed in the night quality. It looks pretty bad and the license plates for the vehicles coming from the other lane are not visible at all. I've watched a video before purchasing where this model was picking up every possible license plate even during the night. Am I doing something wrong?

Attaching a few screenshots. I tried both HDR on and off, I don't see any difference to be honest. The darker it gets outside the worse it is: in the third picture you can see the license plate clearly enough, but when it gets fully dark all of them look like the other pictures.
HDR shouldn't be used at night, there should be a HDR timer so you can turn it off. HDR is most beneficial during the day time

To be honest you're not gonna nail all of the licence plates due to physics and nature of the game. This has been covered in a lot of dash cam reviews and comparisons. In this instance even though you didn't nail one at night, you're still doing a lot better than most brands out there.

Back