Viofo A119

Tomias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Abeo 150 & Viofo A119
Can anyone accurately advise as to the maximum capacity Micro SD card that the A119 will accept. I am currently using Samsung Evo 32Gb but constantly find it "Out of memory" mid journey. I dont want to purchase larger capacity until I am sure Unit will accept it. My thanks in advance to anyone with more experience who replies,
Tomias

Hi. Maybe you should use the "Loop recording" feature (I set mine to 2 minutes) and when the card is full it will start overwriting the first recorded videos and thus you will no longer receive the "Out of memory" message.

To answer your first query though, 128Gb, but the above reply will solve the memory issue.

I'm not sure whether 128Gb started with a particular firmware version though.

Hi. Maybe you should use the "Loop recording" feature (I set mine to 2 minutes) and when the card is full it will start overwriting the first recorded videos and thus you will no longer receive the "Out of memory" message.
Thanks but I do not want to overwrite a recording of a journey before the journey is complete and offloaded onto my PC
Regards Tomias

To answer your first query though, 128Gb, but the above reply will solve the memory issue.

I'm not sure whether 128Gb started with a particular firmware version though.
Thanks again but Like you I am unsure if I need latest firmware update to allow larger capacity micro sd - or if original firmware will accommodate
Regards Tomias

256GB works fine. This compatibility was added in a firmware update long ago. You should be running the latest firmware anyway as it’s stable with no known bugs. There are bugs in the earlier versions.

256GB might be overkill for the UK, much shorter possible travel distances that the US. Unless you are travelling salesman/long distance truck driver or want to keep the last month or twos trips. Consider the number of files stored and finding a file you need if not locked or time/date remembered.
Loop the device and you never get a out of memory message. I am sure you would not want to save every file, in looping mode if something happens you want to save just press the triangle button and the file will be locked and not overwritten by the looping.

Last edited:
Thanks for swift response. I will try 64Gb first and take it from there,
regards Tomias

Back