Viofo A119s City Night Driving

s01

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GT680W
Late Sunday evening drive in Chicago, mostly the end of interstate 55, to Lake Shore Drive northbound

Still not convinced about the camera.

Looking at the flare from street lights I guess your windshield is dirty, most likely from inside of the car.

If you expected the night time performance of the newer sensor to be significantly better, then you are not alone.
But it seem like there will only be a marginal improvement of low light performance over current good performers like IMX322, and thats just the way things will keep progressing for the foreseeable future.

No magic leaps for us.

Actually i am starting to think maybe the better route will be 4K dashcams for the much better daytime performance, and then a low light / night performance thats more or less just as "rubbish" as the best performing 1080p cameras.

And dont get me wrong i dont really care much for night performance, as long as the camera can record i stay in my lane / side of road and is steady, and then document the color of the intersections i pass thru at night, them i am happy.
CUZ what else i might like and hope for in night performance is so far out in the future i cant even bother at the moment.

And i dont really care for if you can see 10% more to the sides at night on a new dashcam, cuz if you hit pause what more you can see out there is just a blur like most night recordings are.

Im fine with what i can see in current night time footage, if only the cameras could record the same but with a much faster exposure timing eliminating motion blur i would be happy

Back