Viofo A119s Firmware

dude2017

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A 129 Duo
Hello together with which firmware with the Viofo A 119s since you are satisfied? In which firmware can you read the license plate well?

You'd want to be on the latest firmware (2.2), includes important bug fixes.

Depending on what time of the day it is and the lighting conditions, number plate capture can be a hit or a miss.

Hello together with which firmware with the Viofo A 119s since you are satisfied? In which firmware can you read the license plate well?
If you are having any problems with your A119S, upgrade to Firmware V2.2.
I found the best way to optimize the image is to adjust Resolution, Exposure and WDR to best meet my envirionment.
I have the following settings:
Resolution 1920 x 1080p 60fps
Exposure +0.0 for winter and -0.1/3 for summer, change settings in conjunction with DST and STD time zone.
WDR On
Firmware V1.7, presently working fine and no need to upgrade, will up grade if any future problem occurs.
I live at 44 degrees N Latitude and these settings adequately suit the amount of sunlight I get in my region..
I think I'm getting reasonably good license plate views so I'm satisfied.
You don't need to do anything radical.
Just tweek the above and you'll find the best settings to meet your needs and suit your region.

Last edited:
Even without a side by side comparison (as I have just one A119), I saw a major improvement towards number plate capture at night from the A119's Beta HDR firmware. I hope HDR is implemented on the A119S.

For now on the A119S I use 60fps + WDR on. Also I've been experimenting with telephoto lenses mounted to a Mobius for distant number plate capture, which again can be a hit or a miss.

I'm only concerned about license plates next to my car or within a car length.
If they are farther than 2 car lengths away I don't need to be concerned.

Reactions: gse

Depending on what time of the day it is and the lighting conditions, number plate capture can be a hit or a miss.

I'm running 2.1,i have no issues, the

Change log:
  • 1.Added: Finally fixed camera freezing while showing XXXXX on screen.

I never had that, are there any other improvements that should move me to upgrade?

I'm running 2.1,i have no issues, the

Change log:
  • 1.Added: Finally fixed camera freezing while showing XXXXX on screen.

I never had that, are there any other improvements that should move me to upgrade?

Bug fix to be precise.

2.2 also shows

Change log:
1.Added: Finally fixed camera freezing while showing XXXXX on screen.

Seems that finally tamed it with 2.2

Bug fix to be precise.

2.2 also shows

Change log:

Yeah man, I know, that's what I said, you are repeating me.....? Hahaha big Q is SHOULD I UPDATE if I don't have that xxxxx freeze thingie?

Is there more to this update that should be moving g me to update?

Actually the changelog for 2.1 was also the same, hence I mentioned "2.2 also shows".

If you haven't experience the X-boxes on 2.1 or earlier versions, really no reason to update.

Personally I'd still update, just so it's running the latest available version.

I would update so that you don’t get the XXXXXX issue. It was not officially fixed in V2.1.

I have two of these 119s cams .. both at 2.1.
One of them works fine (and has done for around 3 months or so) the other one was a replacement for a previous one that packed up with this issue last month. This replacement had this issue yesterday so I reflashed the f/w to 2.1 last night and it worked again .. today I will update both to 2.4 as per Viofo support site "Latest A119S firmware is released , version number is V2.4,"

We haven't heard much XXX issue for recently batch with latest FW.

I did notice the video noise on the display screen has disappeared on both A119s units since I updated last night .. that's a plus for me

Bug fix to be precise.

2.2 also shows

Change log:

Just got this camera freezing with the XXXXX a few days ago while on 2.2 Updated firmware to the latest 2.4 hope this fixes it. Seems like once a month this is happening to me now that I am out of warranty

Just got this camera freezing with the XXXXX a few days ago while on 2.2 Updated firmware to the latest 2.4 hope this fixes it. Seems like once a month this is happening to me now that I am out of warranty
Be sure you are manually defaulting the camera in the settings after updating. This helps ensure to clear any leftover values from the previous firmware.

Bug fix to be precise.

2.2 also shows

Change log:

2.2 and now 2.4 have been rock solid for me. As CYA mentioned, reload 2.4 and reset to defaults and see how it goes.

2.2 and now 2.4 have been rock solid for me. As CYA mentioned, reload 2.4 and reset to defaults and see how it goes.
If I recall, you still experienced the screen issue with V2.2 (not with the XXXXXX's) correct? I remember Viofo saying it could be the ribbon cable causing it and they were going to send you a new ribbon cable (maybe I'm not remembering correctly). Did you ever change the ribbon cable and did you ever experience the screen issue again?

If I recall, you still experienced the screen issue with V2.2 (not with the XXXXXX's) correct? I remember Viofo saying it could be the ribbon cable causing it and they were going to send you a new ribbon cable (maybe I'm not remembering correctly). Did you ever change the ribbon cable and did you ever experience the screen issue again?

Now that I remember correctly, the screen glitch without the XXXXXX's did happen on 2.2. Resetting to defaults with the micro SD out took care of that. Ribbon cable was not changed, only reseated.

Agreed, 2.4 has been very good for all my customers so far.

Back