VIOFO A119S Glare

bosschip

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

Any tips to reduce glare?
I am already using a CPL filter.Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 4.32.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-02 at 4.11.33 PM.png

check your filter is aligned correctly, it won't reduce glare but the top pic looks like you have a bit more reflection from the dash than expected
The viofo filter already fits perfectly on the camera.

check your filter is aligned correctly, it won't reduce glare but the top pic looks like you have a bit more reflection from the dash than expected
The viofo filter already fits perfectly on the camera.
Once snapped on, the lens can be rotated in a circle to increase the filter capacity.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Maybe a black cover may cut down the reflection

Yep, I dont use a CPL but I use a grey dashboard cover that cuts reflections dramatically. A cover is a cheap investment which protects the dash over the years from UV and keeps the car cooler.

You also get massive reflections regardless from light coloured A pillar trims , they want covering in a dark cloth too .

Maybe a black cover may cut down the reflection Some members here can tell you where to buy a fitted one to your model car.
Try AMAZON see if they have it for your model car. If that fails just google black dashboard mat cover. And if that fails just ask OCD Tronic he is usually here every day

try adjusting the camera lens up a click as well. This will allow less dashboard and hood to be in the frame. Looks like dash/hood is taking up around 25% of the frame.

Back