VIOFO A119S let me down.

Reeflekt

Reaction score
Country
Cayman Islands
A few days ago someone severely sideswiped the car deliberately going wrong way. The camera was operating in the parking mode. Despite the footage is recorded the plate number is blurry and not legible. I'm working with the local landlords with a help of the authorities to get the plate number from their CCTVs, but so far neither the Police nor the insurance company are interested in a video without the plate number. That said, the dash cam let me down when I needed the most, what is the point having it?
I used Vegas pro 12 and VideoCleaner to do all the video enchancments / adjustment possible, but came to nowhere.
The dash is running: MOD6VK, 30fps, WDR off settings are all maxed.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I can't see much motion blur in that image, was it really from the best frame? Still seems a fair distance away!

Yes, this is the best frame. I was not talking about the motion blur per se, but only the plate number washed out. The distance the vehicle started approaching is about 40 feet. The closer it approached the plate number became less distinct. The speed was about 5-10 mph I understand the factors like the reflection from the light pole and stuff. However, I had been using the mobius since 2013 to 2017 and day/night video was better, without a need for the filtres, the custom FW etc. The Viofo offered convinience as a dedicated dash, but apparently didn't serve the purpose in the critical situation.

A few days ago someone severely sideswiped the car deliberately going wrong way. The camera was operating in the parking mode. Despite the footage is recorded the plate number is blurry and not legible. I'm working with the local landlords with a help of the authorities to get the plate number from their CCTVs, but so far neither the Police nor the insurance company are interested in a video without the plate number. That said, the dash cam let me down when I needed the most, what is the point having it?
I used Vegas pro 12 and VideoCleaner to do all the video enchancments / adjustment possible, but came to nowhere.
The dash is running: MOD6VK, 30fps, WDR off settings are all maxed.

Did you post the highest resolution photo here ? Can you post the entire video ? Maybe someone can try enhancing the license plate here ?

Back