with latest stable firmware 4Vg and my new CPL for my lens 2 I had the possibility to get some footage at a sunny afternoon
full resolution, 60fps

soft: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yk4FMcxxBan8738j0hcJQOfuR7L7kpPS
normal: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H8W_Mt6PJ8PzTjlDvKXo5Ms4ZxkcCD3V
strong: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M8wCkdPeYm-Eadaf7mDzqq36KLYEhykC

I'm really waiting for new beta firmware at the beginning of 2019 to test :love:
Thanks for the sunny A119S 4Vg 140 degree wide angle Lens super sharp footage, looks excellent at highway speeds on a sunny day, the CPL filter makes a big difference, Soft and Normal work best with your wide angle Lens but all three levels are acceptable, well done Sir.

With the bloom I have on a perfectly clean windshield is this what you guys are referring to as Halo effect with different sharpnesses? Here is a sample. (Everything is clean, glass inside/out, CPL on/off, etc...I don't remember mine doing this but I did the modified firmware and while the quality with upped bitrate is great this is what I have at night

Horrible Bloom Link
The problem you have has nothing to do with modified firmware or sharpness.
It seems like steamed windshield or lens. This should be temporary until the engine gets warmer.

But if you have moisture inside your lens, that is a fault camera.

The problem you have has nothing to do with modified firmware or sharpness.
It seems like steamed windshield or lens. This should be temporary until the engine gets warmer.

But if you have moisture inside your lens, that is a fault camera.

Ok thanks. I didn't think firmware had anything to do with it. I'm anal about keeping lenses and my windscreen clean and clear. It does this even if I power it with a power bank outside the car. I'll contact viofo and see what they want to do.

With the bloom I have on a perfectly clean windshield is this what you guys are referring to as Halo effect with different sharpnesses? Here is a sample. (Everything is clean, glass inside/out, CPL on/off, etc...I don't remember mine doing this but I did the modified firmware and while the quality with upped bitrate is great this is what I have at night

Horrible Bloom Link
If that foggy image occurs all the time day and night and outside vehicle its residue left from original protective plastic film over Lens or grim from fingers. You could see it by holding lens to strong light or direct sun looking at glass. View my Lens cleaning video or use new real Lens cleaning cloth to clean Lens and both sides of CPL filter. Many owners forget to remove the thin protective film from both sides of CPL glass. Take some closeup photos of Lens and CPL glass to share here. The inside of windshield is always ignored but most important for clear video images, your issue is with Lens or CPL or both, clean those then record test footage using power bank indoors or out a window then attach to windshield and compare results.

BCHobbyist would like to thank the DCTeam Members and others for contributing to the success of > A119S Modified Firmware MODs Archive thread and reaching 1,130 messages in 5 months with 51,000 views during 2018.
Much is planned for the A119S in 2019.
Post your requests, ideas and comments below in any language, all are welcome.
Postez vos demandes, idées et commentaires ci-dessous dans toutes les langues, tous sont les bienvenus.
Veröffentlichen Sie Ihre Anfragen, Ideen und Kommentare in einer beliebigen Sprache. Alle sind willkommen.
Post uw verzoeken, ideeën en opmerkingen hieronder in elke taal, iedereen is welkom.
Опублікуйте ваші запити, ідеї та коментарі нижче на будь-якій мові.
Оставляйте свои пожелания, идеи и комментарии ниже на любом языке, все приветствуются.
以下任何语言发布您的请求,想法和评论,欢迎所有人。
모든 언어로 요청, 아이디어 및 의견을 아래에 게시하십시오. 모두 환영합니다.
Kākau i kāu mau noi, manaʻo a me nā'ōlelo ma lalo ma kekahi'ōlelo, mahaloʻia nā mea a pau.
Post petitiones tuas, ideas infra comments, et in omni sermone omnibus grata est.

roll-the-dice.jpg

Postați dedesubt solicitările, ideile și comentariile în orice limbă, sunteți cu toții bineveniți.

La Mulți Ani!!!

Last edited:
Happy New Year!!!!
שנה טובה!!!
С Новым Годом!!!
З Новим Роком!!!

4 languages I speak, 3 of them on the daily basis :)

Last edited:
Iam sure that viofo will grow and be more popular in 2019.

The community make a very good job.
Special thanks to BCHobbyist and the DCTeam.

Wish you all the best for 19'

Went to celebrate New Year to Montreal, this trip reminded me, winter tires and 4 wills drive can't save you if one wheel goes off road :(
It took 2 tracks to pull simultaneously to get me out of the ditch.
It looks like the damage is minimal, only plastic parts look uncliped, I couldn't check it properly yet, the bumper is covered by ice in and out...

It's a good thing I have VIOFO, it will remind to be extra causes when driving in snow :)
Drive safe !!!

Went to celebrate New Year to Montreal, this trip reminded me, winter tires and 4 wills drive can't save you if one wheel goes off road :(
It took 2 tracks to pull simultaneously to get me out of the ditch.
It looks like the damage is minimal, only plastic parts look uncliped, I couldn't check it properly yet, the bumper is covered by ice in and out...

It's a good thing I have VIOFO, it will remind to be extra causes when driving in snow :)
Drive safe !!!
Best Snow Plow imitation I've ever seen, glad no one was injured, minimal vehicle damage and most importantly A119S Dash Cam kept recording, have to say it . . . well done!
It's also the same way I used clean the bottom of my Chevy 4x4.

6Vh
1080p@60fps + CPL + Normal sharpness + EV 0 + 60Hz + WDR off
One
Two
Thanks for sharing the A119S 6Vh footage, the image is so clear I could see those deep road pot holes which you skillfully swerved around, well done.
No need to change your firmware unless you get a new Lens.

sorry for my recent departure and lack of posts!
Life got busy over the last couple weeks. Things have calmed back down for now so I can be more part of the action again.

Back