There are lots of app to do that job, not only one. And very important, secure!

There are lots of app to do that job, not only one. And very important, secure!
agree, there are many applications, it suits me, it also suits many around the world, all in one.
This app is safe, I have been working with it since 2013.
If other applications are just as convenient and functional, I will definitely test them.

Running 6VK with recommended settings (Thank you!). Just got the 119S V2, hardwired to powered rear-view mirror. What do you all think? The focus seems off to me.

Day

Night

Running 6VK with recommended settings (Thank you!). Just got the 119S V2, hardwired to powered rear-view mirror. What do you all think? The focus seems off to me.

Day

Night
Thanks for sharing the A119S 26 Mb/s bitrate footage using MOD-6Vk, the video quality is excellent and focus is very good, no adjustment needed. Remember the A119S has Sharpness Menu options try each of them to match your Lens focus.
The Ontario driver of black Dodge van near the overpass needs brain surgery or pine box.

Hey fellas

I've just been browsing through @BCHobbyist's tutorials for Viofo firmware modifications, and thought I'd have a crack at tweaking some things on my own cameras. I mostly want to change the boot logo and try my luck at changing some of the defaults.
However the link for the Novatek 96660-96663 Decoder GUI http://solk.org.ua/as21/JNovatekDec.jar seems to be dead. Is there any chance anyone could give me a copy?

Cheers

Thanks for sharing the A119S 26 Mb/s bitrate footage using MOD-6Vk, the video quality is excellent and focus is very good, no adjustment needed. Remember the A119S has Sharpness Menu options try each of them to match your Lens focus.
The Ontario driver of black Dodge van near the overpass needs brain surgery or pine box.
I think it's just an Ontario plate holder, the plate itself doesn't look like Ontario's plate. Anyways, I agree, he deserves it :)

Hey fellas

I've just been browsing through @BCHobbyist's tutorials for Viofo firmware modifications, and thought I'd have a crack at tweaking some things on my own cameras. I mostly want to change the boot logo and try my luck at changing some of the defaults.
However the link for the Novatek 96660-96663 Decoder GUI http://solk.org.ua/as21/JNovatekDec.jar seems to be dead. Is there any chance anyone could give me a copy?

Cheers
have a look here and you might find what you need https://www.goprawn.com/forum/novatek-cams

The A119S 1080p dashcam using non-buffered parking mode uses the least amount of power. Official v4.0 firmware includes many improvements and features as reasons to upgrade. The A119S remains the only Viofo dashcam with user selectable Sharpness options in the Menu settings. Modified Firmware works very well even with Parking Mode enabled powered by socket adapter, hardwire kit or power bank. Owners now have many options to enhance image quality including bitrate MODs. Many more improvements are on the way with some Beta testing needed.

Just put the 6Vk on my 119V2, been using the stock v4.0 from Viofo for a few months, so I guess I'll be the test dummy for high heat environments with this modified firmware. I've had the cam since late August 2018 and living in Florida it gets hot, easily 125F+ (thermometer I stuck inside my AC vent doesn't go higher) if I park out in the sun even with tinted windows and sun shade for the windshield. If my pickup isn't at home the cam is running, I don't use parking mode. If the truck is 125+ then the camera has operated around max temps, or beyond, for quite some time as it sits on the sun side of the sunshade. Thanks for all the support for the 119 I look forward to continued development. Eventually I'll get a V3 or whatever is out by the time I decide to change.

Just put the 6Vk on my 119V2, been using the stock v4.0 from Viofo for a few months, so I guess I'll be the test dummy for high heat environments with this modified firmware. I've had the cam since late August 2018 and living in Florida it gets hot, easily 125F+ (thermometer I stuck inside my AC vent doesn't go higher) if I park out in the sun even with tinted windows and sun shade for the windshield. If my pickup isn't at home the cam is running, I don't use parking mode. If the truck is 125+ then the camera has operated around max temps, or beyond, for quite some time as it sits on the sun side of the sunshade. Thanks for all the support for the 119 I look forward to continued development. Eventually I'll get a V3 or whatever is out by the time I decide to change.
this thread is for 1080p A119S<== not 1440p A119 V2 , don't install A119S MODs on A119V2 dashcam.
suggest not leaving any dashcam mounted with silver sunshade reflector attached to windshield all day in hot sun, the dashcam will cook with reflector heating. If the Viofo dashcam is too hot to hold the internal components will eventually decrease lifespan. I'm sure Parking Mode would stop anyway under those extreme heat conditions, but would make an excellent durability test. Log the days of high heat and approx temps and any functionality changes from dashcam.

Well crap then I don't know what I have. My amazon order says A119s V2. The firmware I got from the link loaded fine and the cam appears to record without problems. I haven't installed it back into my pickup yet though. Also max res in options shows 1920x1080, no 1440p option.

*edit*
It's been running in those heat conditions since I installed it. It would be interesting to see if the custom firmware kills the device, or at least contributes to its eventual demise with these high heat conditions. Not much to log honestly. In the sun 125+ if I park in the shade I've seen around 105F from the thermometer I put in the cab. Heat index has been near or over 100F most days for the last 3 weeks. It's also been as low as 20-25F when I went to VA for Thanksgiving week.

another edit
I don't have one of the good highly reflective sunshades. I need to pick another one up, I've got one of those pretty useless fabric ones that squish up small. With my older camera I used the aluminum foil looking reflective ones though and that cam was still working after almost 2 years, not sure if I left it recording as much as I do with this Viofo though. Does parking mode create more heat than just normal recording?

Last edited:
Well crap then I don't know what I have. My amazon order says A119s V2. The firmware I got from the link loaded fine and the cam appears to record without problems. I haven't installed it back into my pickup yet though. Also max res in options shows 1920x1080, no 1440p option.
you forgot to type "S" in the first sentence, just wanted confirm you own 1080p "S" model which you seem to have. Take that test drive.

I was but I got lazy and then it rained, as usual. I've got enough rain footage to compare it to though so I guess I should have. Problem is I don't really use my wipers so it's not very helpful in getting good cam footage.

Did my comparison video with your Mods.

I installed FWA119S_MOD-6Vk_v4.03+26Mbs+Enhanced+Dice on my A119S. I have a question. This dashcam support 128GB memory card?
Witch card will be better
Sandisk SDSQUAR-128G-GN6IA
Sandisk SDSQUAR-128G-GN6MA
Adata AUSDX128GUI3V30SA2-RA1

I installed FWA119S_MOD-6Vk_v4.03+26Mbs+Enhanced+Dice on my A119S. I have a question. This dashcam support 128GB memory card?
Supports up to 256GB cards.

As of today in your list only the first item is reported to work fine. SDSQUAR-128G-GN6IA memory card is slower U1 write speed, for larger capacity high density cards U3 write speed is more reliable preventing file corruption while recording high bitrate large MP4 files. Also note Viofo must first update firmware code to support newer higher capacity cards, only the newest firmware for A129 and A119V3 support the new cards. The A119S is using 2018 V4.0 firmware.
more information here =https://viofo-dash-cam-selection-advice.blogspot.com/2018/02/accessories.html

Alright here are a couple vids one of the stock and the other of the modified one. Not sure if I see any difference or not. I ordered a new thermometer that has a higher max temp so I'll be better able to keep track of the temps inside my pickup. Maybe I'll figure out how to measure how hot the dashcam gets or at least the general area of it when I'm parked and have the sunshade up. Only way I can think of to get the dashcam temp would be a temp probe or maybe just tape the thermometer to the cam? lol Or maybe one of those infrared things but I don't know if I trust the cheap one I have for accuracy.

Back