Viofo A119S Official Beta firmware

Still think v1.01 firmware image quality (IQ) is way better.
@viofo is it so difficult to replicate original IQ in these later versions?

Normally a new SDK come with a lots of change, something we can share like below:
1. Fixed H.264 deblock
2. Improved WDR2.5 auto flow
3. Support HDR for some sensor like OV4689
4. Support 2A & IQ on-line tuning tool
5. Fix sensor driver flip/mirror issue
and more.

The previous firmware sharpness difference is not much, so we make it more obviously, will try to reduce it in next version.

Is there any plan to add the parking mode from the A129 to the A119s?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yes, if this solution is confirmed, we can implement to A119 series.
Current A119/A119S cameras or future A119/A119S cameras? Would current A119 series support it or will a manufacturing change be needed to make it work?

A new beta version out.
1. Reduce sharpness for 3 levels.
2. Add a bitrate option, the high option is up to 24.6Mb/s.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_xQEvmtnUQJJ3StYZXWRZLlViNJQWY-S

Nice, we're making progress! Decreased sharpness and increased bitrate options are great steps.

@viofo, will you re-enable the higher bitrates in the FW for us beta testers/modders to be unlocked? My default preference for all of my testing has been 27-27.5Mbps. I was kind of disappointed when a limit of 25.6Mbps was introduced with 4.02. Other than having better quality and more detail with the higher 27+ Mbps bitrate, it really helps us to analyse video better and notice finer details that might be missed otherwise. It also helps to fine tune adjustments more effectively with the higher bitrate, especially for night video, which is one of the main selling points of the S line.

Nice, we're making progress! Decreased sharpness and increased bitrate options are great steps.

@viofo, will you re-enable the higher bitrates in the FW for us beta testers/modders to be unlocked? My default preference for all of my testing has been 27-27.5Mbps. I was kind of disappointed when a limit of 25.6Mbps was introduced with 4.02. Other than having better quality and more detail with the higher 27+ Mbps bitrate, it really helps us to analyse video better and notice finer details that might be missed otherwise. It also helps to fine tune adjustments more effectively with the higher bitrate, especially for night video, which is one of the main selling points of the S line.

I understand that VIOFO tried to keep the menu as simple as possible which is good for majority of the users. However it would be nice to add an Expert Mode option to the menu that will unlock all the image quality settings for enthusiasts.

Current A119/A119S cameras or future A119/A119S cameras? Would current A119 series support it or will a manufacturing change be needed to make it work?
I think the parking mode implemented in A129 firmware for tests will work also for A119, A119S because it is not depending on the HK3, the hardwire with 3 wires.

enjoy,
Mtz

I assumed @Finger was referring to the new parking mode that relied on the 3-wire kit. Not sure if the current A119 series can detect both ACC and battery.

Is it me, or the current v4.03 Soft has an image quality (almost) as good as original v1.01?

@viofo Can't we just begin with original v1.01, keep its image quality, and simply add missing features like increased bitrate, 'parking mode', 'hot pixel mapping', etc.? Again, without touching the image quality parameters?

Some tests from today, all with EV 0 and max bitrate.

Screenshots
30fps/WDR Off/Soft sharpness
30 fps wdr off soft 2.jpg
30 fps wdr off soft.jpg
30fps/WDR Off/ Normal sharpness
30fps wdr off normal 2.jpg
30fps wdr off normal.jpg
30fps/WDR Off/Strong sharpness
30fps wdr off strong 2.jpg
30fps wdr off strong.jpg
30fps/WDR On/Soft sharpness
30fps wdr on soft 2.jpg
30fps wdr on soft.jpg
30fps/WDR On/Normal sharpness
30fps wdr on normal 2.jpg
30fps wdr on normal.jpg

And two footages
30fps/WDR Off/Normal sharpness
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivhga9j2avykarm/30fps wdr off normal.MP4?dl=0

30fps/WDR On/Strong sharpness
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qijifcswo59gii/30fps wdr on strong.MP4?dl=0

For my taste, the "normal" setting of sharpness is very good. The soft setting is fuzzy somehow. But the highest bitrate option is not enough. 26Mbps would be more reasonable.

Last edited:
30fps/WDR On/ Strong sharpness
30fps wdr on strong.jpg
30fps wdr on strong 2.jpg
Not enough space in previous post!

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
Great work! Click the photo.
GIF files, comparison, sharpness high, WDR on / off, on the WDR role is not great.
When on WRD leaves the trees in the "porridge" .

Click the photo
Sharpness is normal and high.
GIF files
Also, in my opinion, if you do not look at the wires, then the sharpness in the trees and license plates is not enough, the foliage on the trees merges.
All IMHO

the owl and the pussycat analysis

Last edited:
@Dadi_T Normal sharpness + WDR on looks best to me. I don't mind a bit of a motion blur on trees foliage. Try 60fps next (it might have less motion blur).

Back