VIOFO A119S Screen Broken? - No video signal

kiret

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have had this VIOFO A119S for quite a while now, both in a working state good enough for everyday use with its 1080p video recording, and in its current state (see pic). Is there a fix for this, I am guessing it is a hardware fault but I would like to get it back up and running as it is worth keeping I reckon.

Anyone ever come across this issue with theirs?

Attachments

• 20190406_165655.jpg
    20190406_165655.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 38
Have you updated to latest firmware and then reset to factory defaults after that? Have seen that screen before but I think firmware updates resolved the issue causing it.

My PC does not even pick it up when I connect it via USB, all it does is power it on. Does the absence of a memory card do this?

Does it record if you put a memory card in it? (You haven't really explained what the problem is.)

You can update the firmware just by putting the new firmware on the memory card and powering the camera on.

and in its current state (see pic). Is there a fix for this, I am guessing it is a hardware fault but I would like to get it back up and running as it is worth keeping I reckon.
Anyone ever come across this issue with theirs?

This is a common problem fixed by updating or re-updating the firmware. You won't be able to connect the camera to you computer. You'll need to eject the memory card and use a different 3rd party USB-microSD card reader to copy the firmware file to. When you update also don't plug into computer, use car charger or cellphone wall USB charger.

Thanks for the tip, but I am still experiencing the same issue with the SD card formatted and loaded up with latest firmware from the Viofo site. Am I doing it wrong? lol

Attachments

• 20190408_192301.jpg
    20190408_192301.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the tip, but I am still experiencing the same issue with the SD card formatted and loaded up with latest firmware from the Viofo site. Am I doing it wrong? lol
Remove the memory card. Power up the camera (use a USB wall charger for power) and enter the menu. Go to the Default Settings option and manually default the cameras settings. You may need to try this a few times, but it will usually work.

When you loaded the firmware, did the REC button light flash or did it power up right to this screen?

Remove the memory card. Power up the camera (use a USB wall charger for power) and enter the menu. Go to the Default Settings option and manually default the cameras settings. You may need to try this a few times, but it will usually work.

When you loaded the firmware, did the REC button light flash or did it power up right to this screen?

Reset Default Settings and its all good to go now! Thanks man! Wish somebody would have mentioned that step, even trawling through YouTube I could not see anyone suggesting to do that!

Reset Default Settings and its all good to go now! Thanks man! Wish somebody would have mentioned that step, even trawling through YouTube I could not see anyone suggesting to do that!
Just make sure your now running the latest firmware or this issue could pop up again.

A119S_180115_V2.4 ?

Back