Viofo A119s SD card slot faulty

Hermes14

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Viofo A1119s
Hi guys
I took my sd card out of my dashcam yesterday to check some footage & this morning when I tried to put it back in the dashcam the sd card doesn't want to click into the slot,
Is there a quick fix? e.g. a clip or spring I can bend inwards..

Hi guys
I took my sd card out of my dashcam yesterday to check some footage & this morning when I tried to put it back in the dashcam the sd card doesn't want to click into the slot,
Is there a quick fix? e.g. a clip or spring I can bend inwards..
Happens on mine especially if inserting thin Samsung microSD-cards. The bend spring can get stuck if the top metal cover is pressed down from inside DVR. Try inserting and removing 10x until it clicks. There is no repair if spring is broken or bent. See if the connectors are fine and slot is clear. Also easy to miss the card slot and push memory card inside DVR over top the reader slot due to large gap.
Verify nothing got inside slot, then use small flat tip screwdriver, insert just past plastic case but not deep into metal slot, gently twist/pry top of metal slot up to enlarge the slot a tiny amount to free the spring at back, works sometimes, unless spring is broken or stuck. To free it use a needle to gently probe under strong light. The spring is delicate, easily twisted, bent or broken. good luck

My Möbius card which is probably 4 years old recently failed to be retained after removal. Several other cards worked, and the bad card would not retain in 2 other cams and my tablet. I attribute this to all the heat this card has seen as the Möbius runs 24/7. Couldn't see any defect with reading glasses and I didn't check with more magnification, just tossed the card out being happy that it lasted as long as it did. It had far exceeded it's expected recording cycle life reliably till that point.

I can't remember where I saw it but there's a tutorial somewhere on how to tighten a MicroSD socket, and there's probably a vid on YT as well. I do remember it saying that it doesn't take much bending and that bending anything else could ruin the socket. I'd try other cards before attempting socket surgery.

Phil

Thanks guys I just had to go get a torch with a sharp enough light to to see what the heck was going on in the sd slot.
Bent the top ooiece of the SD slot up & it is fixed now.

Thanks guys I just had to go get a torch with a sharp enough light to to see what the heck was going on in the sd slot.
Bent the top ooiece of the SD slot up & it is fixed now.
Good work! I should send you the box of RasberryPies I have to repair slots on. Applying too much force while inserting the memory cards eventually bends or breaks them off the circuit board. Many other devices with microSD card slot reader have similar bent or warped shield issues. If nothing else works you have nothing to lose but tinker. My guess is during assembly on production line a worker applied too much force mounting the speaker on top of card slot (an insane place for a speaker mount).

Back