IvanhoeYU

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Dash Cam
Front A119S, Rear A119S
hi Experts and @viofo,

1)
do we have the possibility to put higher rate of SPEED "sampling" on the frame/video of the A119S in next FW?

I've found that the SPEED value, printed on the frame, is some kind of the average value and has nothing to do with the real speed.

The real accident has happend to me, I was breaking, almost stopped and the Viofo frame shows 40km/h, where in reality I was less then 5kmn, and 0km/h the fraction of second later?!
The Nextbase player shows really the right speed, but if I show it to assurance company, only the video, they will ask me how I was able to stop my car from 70km/h to 0km/h in less than 1s? so those speeds are wrong somewhere...as those are averages.
the higher sampling frequency will resolve it, and this data is in the footage as the Nextbase Player 3 reads it, so for the moment I'll disable the Viofo one waiting for the corrected.

BTW
2)
do we have the possibility to setup the X, Y and Z axis of the G sensor (as for example in Cowon AW1). Not ALL axis as it is with min/med/high...
I've done it in the past with Cowon and reducing the Z will prevent the lock of files because of simple bumpers on the road (or bad roads)...keeping the settings for the X/Y accidents safely.

cheers

I don't know what's possible for Viofo to develop in a firmware update, but on my camera I've set it to only record GPS coordinates on the video, not speed. I don't want to have to explain to an insurance adjuster about how the speed on the display lags behind reality, and that they should ignore the speed shown in the video, but not ignore the rest of the video.

Back