Viofo A119S V.2 Getting hot

Kenny B

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S V.2
I live in California where it gets nice and hot! While driving in the 90 - 105 degree weather, my dash cam gets very hot even with the air conditioner on. I'm concerned that the excessive heat may cause the camera to stop working some day. OCD was super fast to respond to my email concerning the heat issue but has not heard of any reported problems yet. Just thought I'd ask others out here. I'm thinking more/bigger venting holes in the camera housing might help but not sure.

My 2 times A119s v1 without any modification, have been sitting in my car since beginning of January, in frost to 98F. So far I haven't seen any smoke coming out them and there working fine.

I'm in Texas and we are having over 100 degree heat with up to 100% humidity and heat indices of 108. No problems so far with a front and rear mounted A119S.
Hope you have no problems [emoji106]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm in Vegas....we've been up to 118 this summer, I've had zero issues with mine. I do take it out of the window when parked and put up my sun shade.

I live in California where it gets nice and hot! While driving in the 90 - 105 degree weather, my dash cam gets very hot even with the air conditioner on. I'm concerned that the excessive heat may cause the camera to stop working some day. OCD was super fast to respond to my email concerning the heat issue but has not heard of any reported problems yet. Just thought I'd ask others out here. I'm thinking more/bigger venting holes in the camera housing might help but not sure.

I'm in South Florida where it's Summer all year long. The temps have been in mid 90's lately with heat indexes over 110 degrees and no trouble with my A119S. Temps in the Parked car are well above 120 degrees in minutes...

Back