Viofo A128 Duo Clock Issue

LMJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo (not installed yet)
It seems my clock is not as accurate as anotehr timing device I compare it to. How does the clock actually work given that at somes the cam may be powered down? An how to sync or is it auto?

If your dashcam has gps you can try enable it then the clock will be sync with gps after some seconds

The GPS works but the clock is not accurate.

The problem has been resolved. Although the GPS syncs date and time it does not account for daylight savings time despite setting the time zone. Vifo should make a firmware change if possible as it seems nuts. PC and smartphones are able to make the change but Viofo hardaware doesnt.

GPS time is sent as GMT 0 only, the offset is done by the device, you need to set the offset for DST yourself by moving the timezone 1 hour from the usual setting, this is normal behaviour and not a programming error, had you mentioned it was out by an hour we would have pointed you to the solution a lot sooner

To answer the other part of your quextion about how the clock keeps going when it is not powered. The A129 has a little watch type battery in it that keeps the clock running and also makes sure it remembers your settings. This battery is recharged when the A129 is powered and then lasts for a long time.

The problem has been resolved. Although the GPS syncs date and time it does not account for daylight savings time despite setting the time zone. Vifo should make a firmware change if possible as it seems nuts. PC and smartphones are able to make the change but Viofo hardaware doesnt.
PC and smartphone have access to the internet to find out the current DST rules, which do change occasionally, so that they can display the time correctly.

As a device for collecting evidence rather than a device for displaying the time, a dashcam is better off without the confusion of DST and the fact that the same time can occur multiple times when DST changes! The time should still be displayed correctly by your viewing software, although the developers still don't seem to be getting that right.

Yep, if this is supposed to be a consumer friendly device you would think they would place such a toggle in the menu. I realized it when I read the manual.

Also, does anyone get confused about how to enter the settings menu? I press the menu button and sometimes noting happens and it starts recording instead. Pretty annoying. How to enter the menua in a simple frustration free way?

Yep, if this is supposed to be a consumer friendly device you would think they would place such a toggle in the menu. I realized it when I read the manual.

Also, does anyone get confused about how to enter the settings menu? I press the menu button and sometimes noting happens and it starts recording instead. Pretty annoying. How to enter the menua in a simple frustration free way?

You can’t enter the menu with WiFi enabled. Maybe that’s the issue...

Back