Viofo A129 - Are You Getting Single-Beeps While Driving?

Yes, 1.9T2. I did manual default settings. I don't use the reset button though. Everything worked well initially. I think the problem only started after the card was full.
Oh, OK. Don’t think my card is full. I’ll see what happens when it fills up.

Wonders whether it would be due to some difficulty in deleting the old files in time for looping purposes.
The FW has been updated to allow for that, particularly with larger cards, but I'm still having problems.

The FW has been updated to allow for that, particularly with larger cards, but I'm still having problems.
Have you seen any hard lockups with that firmware Tony and what brand were you running again please?

I've seen two now where the camera boots up and just totally locks with the two camera view on screen. Screensaver etc doesn't kick in.

First time around I assumed maybe it was doing some housekeeping on the microSD but I left it for ten minutes before pulling the power after which it was perfect again but it's happened twice now. On both occassions just a small front file, the first time it left a 2.3MB file and the second it was a 0 byte stub.

Likewise it doesn't seem to want to go into parking mode and just doesn't record after I park - I need to keep a closer eye on the camera to see if it's on or off at that point as I'd assumed it was the HK3 cutting power but maybe not.

The latest FW has a 3min delay on entering parking mode, even with HK3. That caught me out until Viofo told me that was intentional.

I've not seen a total lock up.

I understand that viofo has been solving or trying or even released FWs to address the issue but it seems that the issue remain “unsolved” since some owners of duo or pros are still facing the same issue. Probably need more time to test it out as too many factors ie. different micro sd(s) (brands and capacities), weather - temperature, hardwire / usb power socket and etc.

Not looking forward for any extra functions. It would be great enough for me to get a bug free FW

Back