Viofo a129 & DAB Radio Problem

Arium

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Thinkware x1000
I had Viofo A119 and A119 Pro, however once I installed A129 Duo I have no usable DAB RADIO. This is a major problem that Viofo need to address.. Anyone else share same experience? I am currently using Power Magic Pro hardwire kit.

Do you mean common issue with A129? DAB was working perfectly with A119 and A119 Pro..

DAB will be affected with most dashcam makes. You need to route the wires as far away as possible to reduce the effect.

Common issue with DAB

This exactly. Every different car and every different cam will behave differently with this, so there is no practical way to ensure it doesn't happen. Mostly it seems to be something best addressed by the car manufacturers with better shielding and better DAB antennas, however they will always do the least they can get by with to maximize their profits. Most of the better cams are fairly well shielded but they too can't add $20 to their prices just to get the best possible shielding or they would not sell any cams. I'm not looking forward to when the US switches over to all-digital radio broadcasting in the future myself, the losses outweigh the gains, but it's going to happen anyway.

Phil

Back