Viofo A129 died

vagner

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dash Cam
Mini 0803, G1W, Viofo A129
Guys,
I bought one unit of Viofo A129 and it arrived in 13/november/2018 in my house. It was installed in 15/november/2018 and today (01/december/2018). The front unit stop working completely.

Weird, not sure what is caused that. At least the good news is that if it is broken, it will certainly be covered by warranty.

Guys,
I bought one unit of Viofo A129 and it arrived in 13/november/2018 in my house. It was installed in 15/november/2018 and today (01/december/2018). The front unit stop working completely.
would you provide more details about the problem?

I saw the video.
how did the camera work before it died?
I started the car and camera starts too. I run the car for 1 hour, so I saw the all LEDs was off. So when I stopped the car, I tested it out GPS module, not work. Tested the cigaret lighter with cell done and it's ok. Tested so the camera with USB connected on PC and nothing e after with cell charger and not working.

Enviado do meu FRD-L19 através do Tapatalk

I started the car and camera starts too. I run the car for 1 hour, so I saw the all LEDs was off. So when I stopped the car, I tested it out GPS module, not work. Tested the cigaret lighter with cell done and it's ok. Tested so the camera with USB connected on PC and nothing e after with cell charger and not working.

was the camera hardwired?
what hardwire kit did you use?

was the camera hardwired?
what hardwire kit did you use?
I don't use any hardware kit. I use the original cigarrets ligther and all originals cables. I tried to reset the unit too, but no sucess.

I use the samsung EVO plus 64 uhs1 and after the camera died I put the mixza tohaoll ocean 32 uhs1. No sucess, but not is problem with cards, because I use then in a Viofo GitUP Git2 and run perfect.

the camera worked for just 1 hour and died?!
or the camera worked well for 1 or 2 weeks?

the camera worked for just 1 hour and died?!
or the camera worked well for 1 or 2 weeks?
I have two cars. My car with viofo A129 (is a new car), have only 1000 kms and I used the viofo only 5 days, because I use the car on weekends (the camera has 16 days installed). These days (five days), the unit works fine, but all trips are less than 1 hour continuosly. Today was a first day that I did a trip more than 1 hour and was a day that the camera died.

I have two cars. My car with viofo A129 (is a new car), have only 1000 kms and I used the viofo only 5 days, because I use the car on weekends (the camera has 16 days installed). These days (five days), the unit works fine, but all trips are less than 1 hour continuosly. Today was a first day that I did a trip more than 1 hour and was a day that the camera died.
was it hot in the car and outside?

was it hot in the car and outside?
Nope! The cars was with A/C on and the external temp is about ~ 24 °C in a rainy day. Not is hot.

Nope! The cars was with A/C on and the external temp is about ~ 24 °C in a rainy day. Not is hot.

in this case (if you tried other cables / adapters / power sources) contact @viofo, they have a very good customer support and most likely will help you.
where did you purchase a camera?
was it on sale?
do you have a proof of purchase?

in this case (if you tried other cables / adapters / power sources) contact @viofo, they have a very good customer support and most likely will help you.
where did you purchase a camera?
was it on sale?
do you have a proof of purchase?
I bought my unit on Aliexpress - seller: EAuto Store (I already both one A119C and one GitupGit2 with them). I contacted them, but no replies yet.
Aliexpress is my proof of purchase.
Will the support be of the viofo or direct with the seller ?

I bought my unit on Aliexpress - seller: EAuto Store (I already both one A119C and one GitupGit2 with them). I contacted them, but no replies yet.
Aliexpress is my proof of purchase.
Will the support be of the viofo or direct with the seller ?
normally you should contact your seller first - and you did, let @viofo know about your problem and follow @viofo recommendations.

Guys,
Troubleshoot all Dashcams
1) remove dashcam from vehicle
2) remove memory card
3) connect original short miniUSB cable to A129 side port then connect to indoor 5 volt 1-3Amp smartphone charger. (do not power from computer USB port)
4) verify buttons light up and beep sounds.
5) if no change contact me by clicking my Avatar graphic then start conversation.

Troubleshoot all Dashcams
1) remove dashcam from vehicle
2) remove memory card
3) connect original short miniUSB cable to A129 side port then connect to indoor 5 volt 1-3Amp smartphone charger. (do not power from computer USB port)
4) verify buttons light up and beep sounds.
5) if no change contact me by clicking my Avatar graphic then start conversation.
Hi, I am in contact with the seller, and he said me that they will solve the problem. I sent the video for him and I waiting for answer. If no solution with the seller or viofo, I will contact you. Thank you for help.

Hi guys, my new front unit arrived and it is ok a couple of days. The camera is running well now.

Enviado de meu FRD-L19 usando o Tapatalk

Back