Viofo A129 Duo 4 k quit working

dieselfan1

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a flashing red light but it will not come on.
It was -21 F here the other morning.
Did it freeze up?

Remove the card and see if it powers up. -21F is damn cold, so the camera may need to warm up before it will turn on.

Could try pressing the reset button if you haven't already...

I do recall stories from Canadian dashcam owners, that said their cameras would not start right off on a cold morning, not before the car heated up a little.
This was of course with other older models, but as things have not changed in general i fear it might still be a issue on those extreme days.

On the other hand i cant recall any have problems recording starting up on hot days, even in blast furnace hot places.

I do recall stories from Canadian dashcam owners, that said their cameras would not start right off on a cold morning, not before the car heated up a little.
There was good reason for it when dash-cameras used lipo batteries, but I don't know of any reason for a super capacitor camera not to start up.

Although it was way colder than allowed for in the specifications, you might expect a dashcam to work in any conditions you may find on the roads!

I just stumbled across this...
Really? If it quits at 14°F it's worthless to me.
14°F is nothing here. That's the high temp on a good day.
I'm in Minnesota and just about every day it's below zero F in January.
Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-135237_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220111-135237_Google.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 9
Really? If it quits at 14°F it's worthless to me.
No, it’ll work a lot cooler than that!

Other people have been using it down to -25 C without issue, I’ve not seen enough reports to know how much cooler than that it will go.

The specifications say what it has been tested for, it is hard to get -30 C in Shenzhen, even inside their freezers!

As Nigel suggested I hit the reset button and it came on. It's also around +23°F today.
As a side note , I always remote start my truck when it's below +30°F so it should warm right up

With cold and dashcams the defroster heat should warm them up fairly quickly as it's aimed that way, but as a Southerner y'all can keep that mess to yourselves and I'll stay down here where folks put sweaters and jackets on when it gets down to 60F/15C :LOL:

Phil

Same thing happened today. Red fast flashing light.
It was around -13°F here this morning.
It was warm inside the cab of the truck so I reset it and it came on.
Is this the norm?

Is America the only country that uses fahrenheit?

Is America the only country that uses fahrenheit?
According to WorldAtlas.com :
"countries that use the Fahrenheit include the Bahamas, Palau, Belize, the Cayman Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands, and the United States and its territories such as Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam."

I'm an American and a fan of Celsius and the metric system too, but I can assure you I'm in a small minority here :(

Phil

I'm an American and a fan of Celsius and the metric system too, but I can assure you I'm in a small minority here :(
And what about the decimal system!

Back