VIOFO A129 Duo beeping and not going on Parking Mode

S3BAX

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So yeah... pretty much that. The camera is hardwired with the HK3. After like 20s of shutting down the engine and removing the key, the camera enters a beeping mode and doesn't start to record. Sometimes it does start to record but most time it doesn't.

Here's a video of how I usually find the camera after leaving my cars... Note that after a while I press the record button, which then the camera start recording, only for a while, after the video ended, the camera stopped recording again, the LED started to blink again but with no sound.

Also, side note, most of the time I find the camera actually OFF, especially in the mornings or even after a few hours.

Did you format it inside the camera before using?
This has been happening for a while now. Tried both formatting inside the camera and PC.

The beeping also happens sometimes when I start the car, I can see the camera is on and it's not in Park Mode, but the LED just flickers and the camera beeps for a while.

It also happens while driving, I would suddenly hear like 2 or 3 beeps, while the screen is on I see that it has stopped recording, then return to record again.

I also tend to believe it happens only when the card is full.

Has the camera ever worked properly? Is this a new behavior or started from beginning? Try another SD card, maybe the one you own is a fake or faulty. If that doesn't resolve, I would guess you have the camera improperly wired..

1. Incompatible fuses (tied to other systems) and is causing erratic behavior. I had this when I tied mine to 12V and apparently it was linked to security system somehow. When I shut off the car and locked it, camera would come on and record.

2. You hardwired the camera wrong. Which sounds like a strong possibility if another sd card won't resolve issue .

3. You have a faulty camera.

It happens randomly to me as well. When it does, I just press the leftmost button and it starts recording. It looks like a bug to me
The FW version is 1.9 and I don't remember having this issue on 1.5.

Has the camera ever worked properly? Is this a new behavior or started from beginning? Try another SD card, maybe the one you own is a fake or faulty. If that doesn't resolve, I would guess you have the camera improperly wired..

1. Incompatible fuses (tied to other systems) and is causing erratic behavior. I had this when I tied mine to 12V and apparently it was linked to security system somehow. When I shut off the car and locked it, camera would come on and record.

2. You hardwired the camera wrong. Which sounds like a strong possibility if another sd card won't resolve issue .

3. You have a faulty camera.

1. I don't think so, I've followed this tutorial for my car https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-dash-cam-install/

2. ^^

3. Maybe

But anyway... I want to get a new SD Card... preferably 128GB or 256GB... Which one should I look into?

It happens randomly to me as well. When it does, I just press the leftmost button and it starts recording. It looks like a bug to me
The FW version is 1.9 and I don't remember having this issue on 1.5.

I think on 1.5 I had the camera connected to the cigarette lighter , so I had no parking mode enabled.I do remember when turning on the car, the camera starting and the beeping (only when card full), or mid drive would stop recording and start to beep, but I haven't had those issues since I hard wired it.

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-dash-cam-install/

Guide is accurate with 2 exceptions. One, if you have a side airbag on the C-Pillar, you need to replicate the steps done on A-Pillar, and tuck the wire behind the airbag. Mistake number two, and I did this myself and have yet to correct, is I was told you shouldn't simply use a metal screw with a washer as ground. Instead, the ground should be a body screw.

I haven't corrected this issue on either vehicle I own, and neither has had a problem in over a year, but Jokiin did state the metal screw + washer doesn't give nearly the same protection to disperse an electrical surge, as a body screw would in the same circumstance. So passing along the insight.

I'd recommend testing another fuse on your vehicle. Try using the powered seats for Battery. And if you have heated seats, tap into them for ACC. If not find another compatible fuse. See if this solves your issue.

If #2 try another SD card. If problem persists, I'd say camera is faulty.

But anyway... I want to get a new SD Card... preferably 128GB or 256GB... Which one should I look into?

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-dash-cam-install/

Guide is accurate with 2 exceptions. One, if you have a side airbag on the C-Pillar, you need to replicate the steps done on A-Pillar, and tuck the wire behind the airbag. Mistake number two, and I did this myself and have yet to correct, is I was told you shouldn't simply use a metal screw with a washer as ground. Instead, the ground should be a body screw.

I haven't corrected this issue on either vehicle I own, and neither has had a problem in over a year, but Jokiin did state the metal screw + washer doesn't give nearly the same protection to disperse an electrical surge, as a body screw would in the same circumstance. So passing along the insight.

I'd recommend testing another fuse on your vehicle. Try using the powered seats for Battery. And if you have heated seats, tap into them for ACC. If not find another compatible fuse. See if this solves your issue.

If #2 try another SD card. If problem persists, I'd say camera is faulty.

People are recommending a Sandisk High Endurance Card

Last edited:
I think on 1.5 I had the camera connected to the cigarette lighter , so I had no parking mode enabled.I do remember when turning on the car, the camera starting and the beeping (only when card full), or mid drive would stop recording and start to beep, but I haven't had those issues since I hard wired it.
I would still try another memory card, but there is also a beta firmware version (V2.2) that Viofo just released if your interested in trying that. PM Viofo if you want to get a copy.

I just started experiencing this on my A129 Duo. I have a Sandisk High Endurance 256GB that I purchased from Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon). I also tested it with h2testw program and confirmed all was good before proceeding with the install.

Since I am working from home, I have been swapping out an Anker 20,000mah and an Anker 26,800 mah power bank and only have the front camera recording since I reverse park into the spot. Just noticed yesterday that it wasn't recording when I went to check on my car. It was beeping when I opened the door and I had to wake it up and hit record again. Wondering if it has anything to do with the memory card being full. I'm going to format the card while in the cam and see if I get the same issue after it fills up again.

Is this V2.2?
It is V2.3. We will change the version number after the final release.

New version now support Wi-Fi station mode, long press the MIC button to enable station mode.

Put a client.txt file in the SD card, check the attachment.

Attachments

• client.txt
    21 bytes · Views: 24
It is V2.3. We will change the version number after the final release.

New version now support Wi-Fi station mode, long press the MIC button to enable station mode.

Put a client.txt file in the SD card, check the attachment.
Is this the only change from V2.2?

Back