Viofo A129 Duo CPL Filter

viorel.rusu

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi all,
I received my Viofo A129 Duo and it seems the CPL filter is mandatory...
A week ago on Viofo site were available over 900 CPL filter for A129, today is none...
Knows anybody what's happened?

I hope they get them back in stock because I want to buy a couple also. Maybe Ill but the CPL that the A119 uses so that I have something while Viofo is having problems making this available. I think the A119 CPL will work but it has a bigger bezel so some video gets cut off? not sure I read it somewhere... I am not sure how mandatory it is, as I haven't seen my videos in all conditions yet, like night day hot cold rain sunny cloudy, etc, but I would like to have the CPL anyway they really should of came with the units if its a big percentage of people really need it... I didn't see too many complaints though of every body saying it is definitely required. I guess it depends on the car window angle and curve and the sunlight conditions etc

Hi all,
I received my Viofo A129 Duo and it seems the CPL filter is mandatory...
A week ago on Viofo site were available over 900 CPL filter for A129, today is none...
Knows anybody what's happened?
Distributer grabbed most of the stock

Distributer grabbed most of the stock
@VIOFO_Support @viofo if true I didn't see any distributors on Amazon to support the USA... Viofo should of controlled and distributed their inventory of A129 CPL Filters to all countries fairly, As I have found the USA got none. Did not se any stock at AMAZON USA, OCD Elect, Capture your Action, or Spytech, etc in USA, why did you leave USA without CPL Filters for the A129? I know you must have a good reason? Viofo when will there be more A129 CPL FILTERS? WHEN?

@VIOFO_Support @viofo if true I didn't see any distributors on Amazon to support the USA... Viofo should of controlled and distributed their inventory of A129 CPL Filters to all countries fairly, As I have found the USA got none. Did not se any stock at AMAZON USA, OCD Elect, Capture your Action, or Spytech, etc in USA, why did you leave USA without CPL Filters for the A129? I know you must have a good reason? Viofo when will there be more A129 CPL FILTERS? WHEN?
A129 cpl is just released last week with limited qty. Not to worry much. Its could be on the way to distributer hand. Market respond for A129 is quite good.

Viofo answer:
  • Sorry for confusion, we need do some improvement to ensure all the CPL performance perfectly.
  • It will be available again within 3-4 weeks, thanks for waiting.

Weird I placed an order for them, and an A119 GPS module and CPL for the A119 in my truck, a couple weeks ago as I saw them on the @viofo site. They showed up today but were all 3 the same CPL part.

Attachments

• 1532461600774.png
    1532461600774.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 1532461674292.png
    1532461674292.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
Weird I placed an order for them, and an A119 GPS module and CPL for the A119 in my truck, a couple weeks ago as I saw them on the @viofo site. They showed up today but were all 3 the same CPL part.
Do they work?

I assume that one that works for the A129 will also work for the A119, even if it doesn't apply the other way around...

I haven't had a chance to try them yet, on a conference call for work at the moment. USPS required a signature and knocked on the door so my dogs (a german shepherd and a belgian malinois) went nuts in the middle of the call lol that was fun. Will try here in a little bit. I would think since they just needed to enlarge the opening and the mount itself didn't change that they could in theory update the existing filter and use it across the board rather than have multiple parts.

I’m not seeing any obvious Vignetting to me. I think my camera knew I was about to take it down after this and send it back to OCD Tronic for troubleshooting because the GPS mount connectors are transferring power between the camera/mount again (noticed the gps icon was on and had signal again even though power was connected directly to the camera).

Without CPL:
f19111f521cb2ea9dc7f4a48c7466c9c.jpg

With CPL
efa5712a709b5238c6c06d3931041388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m not seeing any obvious Vignetting to me. I think my camera knew I was about to take it down after this and send it back to OCD Tronic for troubleshooting because the GPS mount connectors are transferring power between the camera/mount again (noticed the gps icon was on and had signal again even though power was connected directly to the camera).

Without CPL:

With CPL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you adjust it?

Did you adjust it?
I wondered that, but it is working very well at the top centre, I think the problem at the bottom centre must be due to the angle of the glass in that car, and it is actually working at the bottom, you can't see anything outside without it! I guess with normal reflections on the road instead of those very strong reflections, it will be OK?

Looks like you "upclicked" once on your camera from without to with based on the amount of actual dash seen.

Looks like you "upclicked" once on your camera from without to with based on the amount of actual dash seen.
Yeah I bumped it when I put it back and didn't figure it was that much of a difference. I further adjusted the angle later as well. the upper corners are the black dots behind the rear view mirror.

I wondered that, but it is working very well at the top centre, I think the problem at the bottom centre must be due to the angle of the glass in that car, and it is actually working at the bottom, you can't see anything outside without it! I guess with normal reflections on the road instead of those very strong reflections, it will be OK?
It's in a 2015 Chevrolet Volt, to me at least it's at a pretty sloped angle, but I'm also used to my truck's almost vertical in comparison windshield. I'm just glad the top of the dash is fairly dark.

Attachments

• 2018_0725_165331_085F.JPG
    2018_0725_165331_085F.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 81
It's in a 2015 Chevrolet Volt, to me at least it's at a pretty sloped angle, but I'm also used to my truck's almost vertical in comparison windshield. I'm just glad the top of the dash is fairly dark.
Does look like it changes angle top to bottom so I think there is nothing you can do to get it perfect, doesn't look too bad on the road anyway.
No point in using a CPL in a truck, at that angle it will do nothing.

Does look like it changes angle top to bottom so I think there is nothing you can do to get it perfect, doesn't look too bad on the road anyway.
No point in using a CPL in a truck, at that angle it will do nothing.

Yeah you can kind of see the slope of the windshield in relation to the dash behind my ugly much here in the photo the dealership took when I bought it.
36550640_788050891399115_334264419745792000_o.jpg

Pretty disappointed about the quality of the filming without the filter. Still not available to buy and the reflection is damn annoying. One shot in direct sunlight and the other after few meters in the tree's shadow. [emoji852]️
a23c8c04f970b2cb21e946095a43d355.jpg
d7a52084f255a968750dd22dc924cde7.jpg

Sent from my 1+ 5T using Tapatalk

point your camera's lenses higher, you should not see your dashboard on a video, just the hood. 60% over the horizon line "sky", 40% below ground.

I did it. I read about it somewhere here. 70/30, 60/40, 50/50, 40/60.... no avail.

Sent from my 1+ 5T using Tapatalk

Back