Viofo A129 Duo does not complete loop recording....

greentek

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I just joined. I will be brief.
I got Viofo A129 Duo around the last quarter of 2018.
I discovered it does not complete the loop recording set. This was not the case when I got it.
It stops recording(the red recording light doesn't blink) at about 26 secs and starts a new record about 70secs after. During this period, the dashcam doesn't freeze.
Any idea what can be done?

Notice the time stamp on the images and the recording time stamp, 26 secs for over 1 min.

Attachments

• Pic (1)1.png
    Pic (1)1.png
    353.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic (2)1.png
    Pic (2)1.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic (3)1.png
    Pic (3)1.png
    329.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic (4)1.png
    Pic (4)1.png
    336.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic (5)1.png
    Pic (5)1.png
    339.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Pic (6)1.png
    Pic (6)1.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Pic (7)1.png
    Pic (7)1.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Pic (8)1.png
    Pic (8)1.png
    343.6 KB · Views: 11
do a full overwrite erase of the card in your computer using SDformatter, after you've done that format in the camera before use, if it's a file system error that will sort it out

So I tried using SDformatter, then I formatted the card from the dash cam, I also restore the dashcam to default setting.

no I didn't do full overwrite. I will do that now and let you know the outcome.

I did try a couple of times, same response formatting failed after 1%.

Attachments

• Capture 3.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG
    53.2 KB · Views: 26
SDformatter is the industry tool to reset the cards, if it can't do it then your card has issues, talk to wherever you bought it from about warranty

Sorry to hijack this as i'm currently facing similar issues with my A129 Duo.

Tested the same setup using 3 differents SD cards and gotten the same results of getting incomplete video recording of 10-20 seconds file-length (my loop is set to 2 mins). I'm also getting intermitten single/dual beeps during normal recording mode.

Tried using SDformatter on the 3 cards but the issue still persits, did I received a lemon set?

I had to format mine in the pc using guiformat then format it in the cam first time before my viofo stamped card would work

Sorry to hijack this as i'm currently facing similar issues with my A129 Duo.

Tested the same setup using 3 differents SD cards and gotten the same results of getting incomplete video recording of 10-20 seconds file-length (my loop is set to 2 mins). I'm also getting intermitten single/dual beeps during normal recording mode.

Tried using SDformatter on the 3 cards but the issue still persits, did I received a lemon set?

what cards are you using, your symptoms match that of card problems

Update:
I contact SanDisk and this was the response:
"As per the pictures, you are using SanDisk® microSD/SDHC/SDXC - Ultra - A1 (Red/Grey) memory card. Please note that these memory cards are not recommended for dashboard cameras. We always recommend to use SanDisk® microSD/SDHC/SDXC SanDisk High Endurance memory cards for dashboard cameras."

So i switched to SanDisk® microSD/SDHC/SDXC SanDisk High Endurance memory card, so far there haven't be any issue with the loop recording. Still keeping watch on it.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Back