Viofo A129 Duo duplicating/jumping frames on rear camera/Firmware Bug Discovered

Yup,maybe is not missing,maybe is just stopping for some miliseconds..

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
Hello everyone.I've bought and installed a viofo A129 Duo camera 2 weeks ago.Everything was fine the first days with the front camera installed only,but as soon I have installed the back camera I get some frame skipping problems.The problem occur only on the back camera,every 10-15 seconds.The front camera skips too in very rare ocasions and I don't consider that a problem.I use a brand new 128GB Samsung Evo Plus U3 class10 SdCard.I have installed the modded firmware 5Wi hoping that the problem was the low bitrate of stock firmware in dual camera mode,but I have the same problem with the modded firmare too.I have made factory reset and format SdCard 3 times.I used the default settings after factory reset,and WIFI is always off,no parking mode enabled.Have somebody else experiencing this problem with Viofo A129,is this normal for this model or I have a faulty unit?
suggest repeating video test with WDR=Off and 64 GB memory card just to confirm its not the card, try to keep dashcam cool during test with air-con.
Wide Dynamic Range combines frames to brighten or darken image, its worse at night, this is a good reason to never use WDR.

suggest repeating video test with WDR=Off and 64 GB memory card just to confirm its not the card, try to keep dashcam cool during test with air-con.
Wide Dynamic Range combines frames to brighten or darken image, its worse at night, this is a good reason to never use WDR.
WDR is Off,camera is cool just getting out of garrage and AC is always on.I have the same problem with my two cards,samsung evo plus and viofo.Both cards are 128GB and are ok,tested.

Last edited:
I have deleted all double frames and the footage is smooth like butter,like it should be.It seems the back camera is doubling a frame every 92-93 frames exactly.Is making 2 frames with the same image at this interval..I have checked footage with the samsung card too and is exactly the same,so the problem is not related to the cards.I've uploaded the same clip with deleted frames,is perfect.

Need to turn in support, what will they say?
Tomorrow I'm going on vacation,3000km far away for 3 weeks,anyway the Amazon seller will say to send it and I will not get through the pain of desmountig/mounting again all this s...it,I will have to live with it I'm afraid....:cautious:

Need to turn in support, what will they say?
did you find similar double frames in recordings from any of your Viofo dashcams?

WDR is Off,camera is cool just getting out of garrage and AC is always on.I have the same problem with my two cards,samsung evo plus and viofo.Both cards are 128GB and are ok,tested.
good troubleshooting setup, you may have discovered a new hardware or firmware BUG.
wondering about the rear camera cabling, where does the long 6m cable route through vehicle?
does cable run across or parallel to any vehicle energized cables?
how was extra A129 rear cable length secured . . . in loops?
gotta bad feeling same issue is present in other models or related to extra long cables.

good troubleshooting setup, you may have discovered a new hardware or firmware BUG.
wondering about the rear camera cabling, where does the long 6m cable route through vehicle?
does cable run across or parallel to any vehicle energized cables?
how was extra A129 rear cable length secured . . . in loops?
gotta bad feeling same issue is present in other models or related to extra long cables.
The cable doesn't make contact with another cables only in the hatch door before connection with camera,I passed the cable through A pillar and the bottom side of the doors behind that rubber protections.No extra length cable left for me.I don't think is firmware related because I had the same problem with official v1.5.

EDIT: Now that I see the pictures again,I remember the black plastic trim that cover the cables is making a little pressure on the camera connector,not much just very little pressure,can this be the problem??

Attachments

• 20190623_194529.jpg
    20190623_194529.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190623_194600.jpg
    20190623_194600.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20190623_194617.jpg
    20190623_194617.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 23
  • FB_IMG_1562483739149.jpg
    FB_IMG_1562483739149.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Ok,I have almost 12 hours left till I leave Spain,so I'm gonna change the rear's camera position to remove the plug from under that plastic trim,maybe from the trim pressure is making some strange contact and gives this issue.I will report back,I'm full of hope.. :)

Later Edit: I have changed the position of the camera and the problem is still there,every 92 frames like before.The camera plug is now free,no plastic trim on it.

Attachments

• 20190707_105755.jpg
    20190707_105755.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have checked with Virtualdub2 some videos that were recorded only with the front camera and these are perfectly fine,so the frames problem appear only when the rear camera is connected.

Just installed early this morning my A129 Duo. When recording front and rear I also see the hiccups when certain frames are duplicates.
If needed I can provide some samples. The FW version is the official ver1.8

It seems we are two now,maybe some Viofo representative can tell us something checking the footages,I still hope is a software bug and not hardware related..

Just installed early this morning my A129 Duo. When recording front and rear I also see the hiccups when certain frames are duplicates.
If needed I can provide some samples. The FW version is the official ver1.8

@johnc3 can you upload a sample of your rear camera?I want to check it with virtualdub2 and see if is the same problem like mine.

Yes buddy,you have exactly the same problem like mine.Now the front camera does the same thing and more often like before,but it does it now and then,not every 92 frames like the rear one.Anyway the front camera is doubling and jumping frames,the rear one only doubles a frame every 92 frames..So @viofo is this hardware or software related?I had the same problem with v1.5,v1.8 and now with v1.9....I have also tried with another 64GB Samsung Evo Plus card yesterday after updated to v1.9.After update I've made hard reset,software reset and card format,problem still there..

Last edited:
Back