Viofo A129 Duo Firmware 1.5 Works but Firmware 2.1 Has a Parking Mode Bug

people often assume how something works based on their experience with some other device and think they're all the same, he's not the first, I'm sure he won't be the last

This is true, of course. However, when someone who owns a device tells them how it works, the sensible person should reply they now understand they were mistaken, not dig in and call the owner an idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about. HonestReview does, though.

So is @Prelude89 in his crappy explanation simply referring to the transition between normal record and park mode?

Well ... considering I have already addressed this in my reply to Jokiin ...

And is @Prelude89 then insinuating the Blackvue will record nonstop from driving to park mode and while the car is parked?

Even your language tells us you STILL don't believe this happens! I am not insinuating it, I am telling your for a fact this happens, if the owner so decides (and I did!)

As far as recording live video while parked like "normal recording while driving", I still don't see that being explained in the thread you linked. Other than tweaking settings and "recording while parked" without gaps.

FFS! Are you serious? What does recording while parked without gaps mean to you?

Oh, I'm sorry, You don't know how the BlackVue works (doesn't stop you thinking you're an expert though!)

The BlackVue uses the same recording setting for both driving and parking. It was one of the few things I would have liked - to be able to drop to 720P in parking mode - but it didn't have this.

So ... yes ... parking mode is just like normal recording while driving ... should the owner choose to have it that way.

If those settings indeed allow the camera to "not shut off" and record continuous, live, uninterupted video while parked, that is more of a flaw than intentional

Flaw or intentional is irrelevant. Doesn't change the fact that it happens.

So yes, this feature isn't discussed by Blackvue as it is an unintentional feature relating to a bug.

Bla blah blah. Still records continuously in park mode. All your babbling trying to say otherwise has proven to be just that. With lots of bold to boot.

Blackvue is always lowish bitrate, so it doesn’t need a separate low bitrate mode

Precisely. And that's why I never said it had low bitrate recording, because that suggests it has a different bitrate when recording in parking mode. HonestReview made that jump in logic.

This is true, of course. However, when someone who owns a device tells them how it works, the sensible person should reply they now understand they were mistaken, not dig in and call the owner an idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about. HonestReview does, though.

Well ... considering I have already addressed this in my reply to Jokiin ...

Even your language tells us you STILL don't believe this happens! I am not insinuating it, I am telling your for a fact this happens, if the owner so decides (and I did!)

FFS! Are you serious? What does recording while parked without gaps mean to you?

Oh, I'm sorry, You don't know how the BlackVue works (doesn't stop you thinking you're an expert though!)

The BlackVue uses the same recording setting for both driving and parking. It was one of the few things I would have liked - to be able to drop to 720P in parking mode - but it didn't have this.

So ... yes ... parking mode is just like normal recording while driving ... should the owner choose to have it that way.

Flaw or intentional is irrelevant. Doesn't change the fact that it happens.

Bla blah blah. Still records continuously in park mode. All your babbling trying to say otherwise has proven to be just that. With lots of bold to boot.

Precisely. And that's why I never said it had low bitrate recording, because that suggests it has a different bitrate when recording in parking mode. HonestReview made that jump in logic.

A design flaw and and intentional bug. So yes, based upon finding a flaw that may or may not have been corrected, you are right then. This camera continuously

Flaw changes everything. A "flaw" could be corrected at any time in a later firmware and be disabled. Yes, you can flash back, but often companies will patch issues they discover. If Blackvue intended to allow for continuous, live recording, as an advertised feature, they would have specifically marketed it.

Do other blackvue cameras support live, continuous recording or just the Dr-400?

If only the Dr-400, then my point is proven.

Although, it does make no sense that Blackvue not support this type of recording across the board on all models if it is possible with their cameras.

So I decided after my performing testing on the A129 Duo's station mode, I would now flash back to the tried and true Version 1.5. I was running Firmware Version 2.1 for my tests. While using Firmware Version 2.1, I noticed odd behavior, and went ahead today to check my connections today. Making sure there wasn't some sort of loose wire on ACC. All A-OK on my camera.

Version 1.5: Turn off Car - Camera Immediately Enters low Bitrate Parking Mode. No Delay.

Version 2.1 - Turn Off Car - Camera records at normal recording, before entering parking mode several minutes later (Approximately 3 Minutes). Presumably by the GPS idle Feature??? And not through the ACC wire triggering parking mode.

This issue was replicated every time I turned off the car. Identical each time.

Flashing back to Version 1.5 just now, I verified the camera properly enters parking mode immediately after the car is turned off. Not true on Version 2.1.

I went through settings, timer was set to "On" (only other choices were minutes), Motion Detection was Off, and Parking was set to Low Bitrate on 2.1. So at a loss other than this being a bug.
I've just installed the same firmware to check the station mode. Same happened with my parking mode. Takes about 90 seconds to switch now. Not too bothered about that but I'll see what picture quality is like as I was running the mod firmware before and wanted to compare the footage.

I've just installed the same firmware to check the station mode. Same happened with my parking mode. Takes about 90 seconds to switch now. Not too bothered about that but I'll see what picture quality is like as I was running the mod firmware before and wanted to compare the footage.

Station mode on A129 Duo is more a gimmick. Wifi reduces picture quality and generates more heat. The A129 Duo won't be able to run long term with wifi enabled, so while "a nice feature to test", it possesses little use.

Firmware 1.5 is very stable and reliable. I've run it on two cameras for over two years now. Neither camera has had a hiccup.

Do other blackvue cameras support live, continuous recording or just the Dr-400?

Because I'm not so arrogant as to tell owners of a device how it works, I can't answer that.

Man, do you always have to be in fighting mode?

He's gotta be right all the time. Poor guy will fight until a board demi-God tells him he's wrong. It's a pretty big character flaw to tell an owner of a device they don't know what they are talking about ...

@Prelude89 hijacked my thread......

You hijacked your own thread by, once again, trying to prove you know more than you actually do, and by not understanding how things work. You say things that are so very clearly wrong, and then come up with all these weasel posts to try to extricate yourself from your own mess.

Because I'm not so arrogant as to tell owners of a device how it works, I can't answer that.

He's gotta be right all the time. Poor guy will fight until a board demi-God tells him he's wrong. It's a pretty big character flaw to tell an owner of a device they don't know what they are talking about ...

You hijacked your own thread by, once again, trying to prove you know more than you actually do, and by not understanding how things work. You say things that are so very clearly wrong, and then come up with all these weasel posts to try to extricate yourself from your own mess.
Excuse me for not knowing about an unpublished flaw / bug not advertised by the manufacturer anywhere what so ever....

Funny...A Whole Month Later... You Reply: Troll Much?

Thread was back on topic discussing version 1.5 vs 2.2 Station mode until you piped up again....Go Hijack another thread.

Last edited:
Back