Viofo A129 Duo Firmware 1.5 Works but Firmware 2.1 Has a Parking Mode Bug

Sorry I think you misunderstood(previous message edited),I have checked all of them with a multimeter and the only one which goes dead when I stop the engine is this 10A fuse..all the others(the ones going dead) are stopped after 10-15min by canbus,same in the boot panel....2018 mk3.5 Ford Focus.

Invest in an LED Light Fuse Tester as a simple and effective way to identify hot fuses.

Here are two 100% ACC fuses that should be safe to use.

1. F61 20A Cigar lighter, rear power outlet.
2. F87 15A Heated steering wheel.

Invest in an LED Light Fuse Tester as a simple and effective way to identify hot fuses.

Here are two 100% ACC fuses that should be safe to use.

1. F61 20A Cigar lighter, rear power outlet.
2. F87 15A Heated steering wheel.
Yes I know,my intention was to connect to 20A cigar lighter or better to 20A electric moonroof(because I don't have one but the fuse is there),the problem is these fuses are live 10-15min after I lock the car,so the Neo will charge for 10-15min from the car's battery at 5A or 9A(it have a physical switch to select between 5 or 9A charge)..This will drain the car battery very quick,which is not the purpose I bought the Cellink Neo..:p

Last edited:
Yes I know,my intention was to connect to 20A cigar lighter or better to 20A electric moonroof(because I don't have one but the fuse is there),the problem is these fuses are live 10-15min after I lock the car,so the Neo will charge for 10-15min from the car's battery at 5A or 10A(it have a physical switch to select between 5 or 10A charge)..This will drain the car battery very quick,which is not the purpose I bought the Cellink Neo..:p

You don't need a 20A fuse to hardwire a camera.......Also, you need a voltage cutoff. Which is what a hardwiring kit would do. If you simply are plugging in a device to ACC and Battery without a voltage cutoff, you're going to kill your battery. As it'll drain that battery indefinitely. The point of a hardwire kit with voltage cutoff is to ensure the battery doesn't go below a certain threshold.

12.6 = 100%
12.4 - 75%
12.2 = 50%

I set my hardwire cutoff at 50%.. Simply plugging in a battery pack (Neo) without having a cutoff, will make the neo charge indefinitely until the battery is dead.

You don't need a 20A fuse to hardwire a camera.......Also, you need a voltage cutoff. Which is what a hardwiring kit would do. If you simply are plugging in a device to ACC and Battery without a voltage cutoff, you're going to kill your battery. As it'll drain that battery indefinitely. The point of a hardwire kit with voltage cutoff is to ensure the battery doesn't go below a certain threshold.

12.6 = 100%
12.4 - 75%
12.2 = 50%

I set my hardwire cutoff at 50%.. Simply plugging in a battery pack (Neo) without having a cutoff, will make the neo charge indefinitely until the battery is dead.
It seems you don't understand how the Neo is hardwired to the car,it is connected to the fusebox(2 wires + and -),and the + cable must be connected to ACC not to permanent + BATT.The camera is connected to Neo output via a Viofo 3wires HK to correctly and instantly switch to parking mode when I stop the engine and the Neo doesn't receive a live 14V input anymore(when this happens the Neo switch the camera to parking mode via the 3 wires hardware kit and feed the camera with 13V from its internal batteries)..So I need a 20A fuse which is live only when the engine is on for: 1.NEO to charge,and not draw curent from the car battery when the engine is off..Also this fuse is needed to be dead when I stop the engine,for: 2.NEO switches the camera to parking mode via the 3 wires kit,it does that when is not receiving any current on the + input from the fuse box...The 2 input(charge) thick cables of the Neo must be connected to ground and to some 20A (ACC ONLY) fuse in the fusebox.It is ok with my 10A fuse too because I let the switch on 5A charge mode on the Neo..I think I make myself clear now.Everything is working perfectly fine and the Neo is charged 100% every morning when I reach my office garage where the cameras will record for 9h in parking mode.The car battery is always between 95-100% charged(I have a bluetooth monitoring tool connected permanently to the car battery with a app on my phone).I'm only worried because this 10A fuse is dedicated for some safety systems of my car.I don't like the fact there is only one ACC switched fuse in the fusebox,this is the point of start of our discussion :)

"Simply plugging in a battery pack (Neo) without having a cutoff, will make the neo charge indefinitely until the battery is dead."

You can't put a 3 wires HK before the Neo because this 3 wires kit is designed for the camera only with a mini usb plug,even if you cut off the plug and manually connect the cables from the NEO input to the fusebox,those cables are too thin for the purpose,the Neo is drawing 70W(5A) or 120W(9A) when is charging(and only have two cables on the input side anyway).Also the little powercut box of that HK is designed for the camera 3-5W draw not for 70W-120W power draw.

Last edited:
Except it's now 2021 and modern cars use a push button and keyfob to start the car.

Are you suggesting you can't listen to the radio in your car unless the engine is running?

If you can, then you MUST have a fuse that is live when the engine is not running. This fuse most likely goes live when the keyfob is in/close-by the car, essentially putting the old system into stop 1.

It seems you don't understand

Yes ... HonestReview has this problem, and won't listen. He once called me a liar when I told him the BlackVue didn't have a gap when switching between parking mode. I think he just likes eating sand.

Are you suggesting you can't listen to the radio in your car unless the engine is running?

If you can, then you MUST have a fuse that is live when the engine is not running. This fuse most likely goes live when the keyfob is in/close-by the car, essentially putting the old system into stop 1.

You have a comprehension issue. Read what I wrote closely and carefully. You clearly DO NOT UNDERSTAND Modern Cars.

If you hold the Push Button, without depressing the brake, the car enters position 1. I.E. The radio turns on. However, Position 1 isn't really of much use on a modern car.

Except it's now 2021 and modern cars use a push button and keyfob to start the car. Sure, holding the button without depressing the brake will also turn on the camera, but that's moot. You don't need position "1" on a modern vehicle for much.

Yes ... HonestReview has this problem, and won't listen. He once called me a liar when I told him the BlackVue didn't have a gap when switching between parking mode. I think he just likes eating sand.

@jokiin proved my point. It's ok not to apologize for being wrong. But you are 100% wrong here.

for most pushbutton start cars if you push the button and don't have your foot on the brake then it just turns ACC on

Exactly what I stated.....But apparently @Prelude89 has zero clue how a modern push button car works.....Guess he can't afford one, Bummer.

Except it's now 2021 and modern cars use a push button and keyfob to start the car. Sure, holding the button without depressing the brake will also turn on the camera, but that's moot. You don't need position "1" on a modern vehicle for much.

@jokiin proved my point. It's ok not to apologize for being wrong. But you are 100% wrong here.
to be fair even though pushbutton cars typically will activate ACC if the brake pedal isn't pressed that doesn't always mean there's an ACC circuit involved, CAN-BUS vehicles often have circuits that switch status based on the computer so they can still be live circuits at the fuse panel and still may not be suitable to tap into, newer cars can be problematic at times, they don't look to be getting simpler anytime soon either

It seems you don't understand how the Neo is hardwired to the car,it is connected to the fusebox(2 wires + and -),and the + cable must be connected to ACC not to permanent + BATT.The camera is connected to Neo output via a Viofo 3wires HK to correctly and instantly switch to parking mode when I stop the engine and the Neo doesn't receive a live 14V input anymore(when this happens the Neo switch the camera to parking mode via the 3 wires hardware kit and feed the camera with 13V from its internal batteries)..So I need a 20A fuse which is live only when the engine is on for: 1.NEO to charge,and not draw curent from the car battery when the engine is off..Also this fuse is needed to be dead when I stop the engine,for: 2.NEO switches the camera to parking mode via the 3 wires kit,it does that when is not receiving any current on the + input from the fuse box...The 2 input(charge) thick cables of the Neo must be connected to ground and to some 20A (ACC ONLY) fuse in the fusebox.It is ok with my 10A fuse too because I let the switch on 5A charge mode on the Neo..I think I make myself clear now.Everything is working perfectly fine and the Neo is charged 100% every morning when I reach my office garage where the cameras will record for 9h in parking mode.The car battery is always between 95-100% charged(I have a bluetooth monitoring tool connected permanently to the car battery with a app on my phone).I'm only worried because this 10A fuse is dedicated for some safety systems of my car.I don't like the fact there is only one ACC switched fuse in the fusebox,this is the point of start of our discussion :)

"Simply plugging in a battery pack (Neo) without having a cutoff, will make the neo charge indefinitely until the battery is dead."

You can't put a 3 wires HK before the Neo because this 3 wires kit is designed for the camera only with a mini usb plug,even if you cut off the plug and manually connect the cables from the NEO input to the fusebox,those cables are too thin for the purpose,the Neo is drawing 70W(5A) or 120W(9A) when is charging(and only have two cables on the input side anyway).Also the little powercut box of that HK is designed for the camera 3-5W draw not for 70W-120W power draw.

I 100% understand how the cell Link Neo Works. Your problem is you are NOT using a voltage cutoff.

1. Cell Link Neo = Battery + Ground
2. Viofo 3 Wire Hardwire Kit hooked to Cell Link Neo

Battery will continue to draw current IF NOTHING Tells it to STOP. I.E. You need a voltage Cutoff in between the Battery Wire to the Cell Link and the Vehicle Fuse Box. Otherwise, the Cellink Neo will Draw power UNTIL your battery is 100% dead. And the Viofo Camera will Draw Power from the Battery Pack until the Cellink Neo is exhausted.

So without a voltage cutoff, you'll wind up with a car that won't start and a dead battery pack that has drained your car battery 100%!

to be fair even though pushbutton cars typically will activate ACC if the brake pedal isn't pressed that doesn't always mean there's an ACC circuit involved, CAN-BUS vehicles often have circuits that switch status based on the computer so they can still be live circuits at the fuse panel and still may not be suitable to tap into, newer cars can be problematic at times, they don't look to be getting simpler anytime soon either

For instance, if I hold down my push button but do not depress the brake to start the engine on my Volvo S60, my cameras power on. The fuses I selected are activated in position 1 (Heated Seats) for ACC. I can't say this is the case on every car, but holding the push button down will activate some fuses.

None the less, there's very little reason to put a push button vehicle into position 1. Unless I guess you want to listen to the radio for a bit.

The point @prelude tried to make is invalid and moot on a modern push button. Using this method to determine an active ACC fuses is not recommended.

I 100% understand how the cell Link Neo Works. Your problem is you are NOT using a voltage cutoff.

1. Cell Link Neo = Battery + Ground
2. Viofo 3 Wire Hardwire Kit hooked to Cell Link Neo

Battery will continue to draw current IF NOTHING Tells it to STOP. I.E. You need a voltage Cutoff in between the Battery Wire to the Cell Link and the Vehicle Fuse Box. Otherwise, the Cellink Neo will Draw power UNTIL your battery is 100% dead. And the Viofo Camera will Draw Power from the Battery Pack until the Cellink Neo is exhausted.

So without a voltage cutoff, you'll wind up with a car that won't start and a dead battery pack that has drained your car battery 100%!
think you misunderstand how the Cellink Neo works, it only charges while the car is running (ACC has signal) and just passes through power while in this mode, when the vehicle stops and the ACC goes off it continues powering the camera but stops drawing power from the B+ feed, as his ACC feed stays active for 15 minutes after he turns the car off the Cellink continues to work as though the car is running, the end result is that the car isn't running so for the first 15 minutes after he stops the Cellink continues pulling up to 9A of current from the battery, do enough stop start and this will quickly take a toll on battery life, it has nothing to do with having a low voltage cutoff on the camera or not

For instance, if I hold down my push button but do not depress the brake to start the engine on my Volvo S60, my cameras power on. The fuses I selected are activated in position 1 (Heated Seats) for ACC. I can't say this is the case on every car, but holding the push button down will activate some fuses.

None the less, there's very little reason to put a push button vehicle into position 1. Unless I guess you want to listen to the radio for a bit.

The point @prelude tried to make is invalid and moot on a modern push button. Using this method to determine an active ACC fuses is not recommended.
that may apply in your vehicle, as I said even though the various functions become available once you activate accessories by pushing the button in some vehicles the fuse panel can still be live at key off and still not give you a suitable ACC power source for a fuse tap, that's why products like this exist https://catalog.pac-audio.com/catalog/signal-triggers/ign-3

think you misunderstand how the Cellink Neo works, it only charges while the car is running (ACC has signal) and just passes through power while in this mode, when the vehicle stops and the ACC goes off it continues powering the camera but stops drawing power from the B+ feed, as his ACC feed stays active for 15 minutes after he turns the car off the Cellink continues to work as though the car is running, the end result is that the car isn't running so for the first 15 minutes after he stops the Cellink continues pulling up to 9A of current from the battery, do enough stop start and this will quickly take a toll on battery life, it has nothing to do with having a low voltage cutoff on the camera or not

I looked at cellink neo via blackbox and it does use ACC and not battery. I thought so originally, but confused myself after reading @gabilondo77 reply and second guessed myself. Therefore, thinking it used the battery + relied on a voltage cutoff. So yes, I am definite 100% wrong here.

Your explanation makes better sense.

Why would his ACC stay active for 15 minutes after the car is shut off? Strangest thing I've heard. On my car, the switch over from Battery to ACC is within one minute. Swapping both the A129 and A139 from Acc to Park Mode within that timeframe.

So I am at a loss why his systems would stay active for a whole 15 minutes, before telling the Cellink that the car is actually turned off and to stop drawing power from the ACC circuit.

Is this a side effect of his Canbus System?

In my case the thing I hate on new vehicles is that I have only one fuse which is live with the engine on and dead when I stop the engine,so I had to connect my Cellink Neo battery to this 10A fuse "Restraint system.Occupant weight sensor",not sound good at all but all of them are live 13-15min after I lock the car,so this stupid "option" will drain car battery with the Neo charging.

Why would his ACC stay active for 15 minutes after the car is shut off? Strangest thing I've heard.
we have one model Ford that used to sell here that had the ACC circuits stay live for 1 hour after key off, it's not such an unusual feature in vehicles these days

For instance, if I hold down my push button but do not depress the brake to start the engine on my Volvo S60, my cameras power on. The fuses I selected are activated in position 1 (Heated Seats) for ACC.
Hang on ... You said:
Remember, the ACC is a fuse that is only active while the car is started.
And then:
You don't need position "1" on a modern vehicle for much.
Except, it seems, to turn on your camera ...

@jokiin proved my point.
He did? He confirmed the BlackVue has a gap when switching modes, as you claimed? You swore black and blue that I was an idiot that didn't understand how things worked. You swore the a129 could simply NOT enter parking mode without a 3-wire kit. You swore the BlackVue MUST have a gap. You were wrong.

You now have 2 conflicting posts in the one thread.

Yes ... we all know who does the misunderstanding around these parts.

You also like to use bold lettering to point out just how wrong you are. When we see bold from HonestReview, take it as him being wrong.

Hang on ... You said:

And then:

Except, it seems, to turn on your camera ...

Can we say OUT OF CONTEXT. Sad and pathetic attempt at out of Context, too.

1. Cars with a Push Button MAY turn on the camera depending upon the fuse selected. It so happens in my vehicle (Volvo S60), position one enables the Power Seats fuse I selected for (ACC). So if I hit the button without depressing the brake (position 1), the cameras will boot. Due to Canbus Systems, and per @jokiin, this is NOT A TEST as to whether a circuit is truly active in acc.

So yes, you are wrong. Sorry its 2021 and cars don't use physical keys any longer. Cars are now far more complicated, and while your advice is valid on cars 15 or 20 years old that use physical keys, it's no longer current or accurate with Push Button Cars.

Sorry you can't afford a modern vehicle to see this in action yourself.

He did? He confirmed the BlackVue has a gap when switching modes, as you claimed? You swore black and blue that I was an idiot that didn't understand how things worked. You swore the a129 could simply NOT enter parking mode without a 3-wire kit. You swore the BlackVue MUST have a gap. You were wrong.

1. The A129 will absolutely not enter parking mode without a 3 wire hardwire kit, UNLESS it has the GPS enabled . With the two wire kit, the GPS basically tells the car it's been idled enough time, and forces camera into Park Mode.

2. Don't recall Blackvue thread. But Blackvue cameras dont support low bitrate parking mode......Blackvue cameras utilize motion detect /event detection with buffered parking mode. So event enabled only. Where once an event occurs, it buffers X seconds prior to the event.

You now have 2 conflicting posts in the one thread.

Yes ... we all know who does the misunderstanding around these parts.

You also like to use bold lettering to point out just how wrong you are. When we see bold from HonestReview, take it as him being wrong.

Nothing conflicting except your lack of understanding of cars in 2021 that utilize canbus and keyless. Sorry, you are absolutely wrong here.

Last edited:
we have one model Ford that used to sell here that had the ACC circuits stay live for 1 hour after key off, it's not such an unusual feature in vehicles these days

Weird. Don't see the purpose in making an automobile suck the battery dry unnecessarily. Even without a hardwire, whatever systems are remaining on, are draining the battery and shortening its life.

Weird. Don't see the purpose in making an automobile suck the battery dry unnecessarily. Even without a hardwire, whatever systems are remaining on, are draining the battery and shortening its life.
there are situations where it's something that customers wanted so the car companies accommodate them, in some it's a user programmable function also so could be disabled if they didn't want it

Feel free to post your fuse diagram here and layout here. I don't consider that hijacking thread.
Thanks. I have checked the fuses to see what is hot after leaving the door open for about 20 minutes to make sure nothing was on a temporary run. The ones with the red dots drained the battery (fwiw)

Attachments

• 20210601_110716.jpg
    20210601_110716.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210601_110605.jpg
    20210601_110605.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 6
Back