Viofo A129 Duo Giving Memory Card Error on a 256 GB SDXC...

jomanjee

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I just bought the Samsung Evo 256 GB SDXC as per the forum members recommendations knowing its among the best, but once i inserted it into the dash cam it almost immediately gave this error "Memory Card Error" I already reformatted it using the cam twice but still, any idea how to fix this and what might be causing it ??...

thanks,

take the card out, format it in your PC then test with h2testw and see if it shows any errors, post the results here if you don't understand them

take the card out, format it in your PC then test with h2testw and see if it shows any errors, post the results here if you don't understand them

am doing this right now but its gonna take almost 8 hours to complete, but say the card was counterfeit, will h2testw be able to spot it ??...

am really not sure why all this is needed to get a card working of the box, wondering if card is supported at first place or any1 had this issue before ??...

am doing this right now but its gonna take almost 8 hours to complete, but say the card was counterfeit, will h2testw be able to spot it ??...
yes

am really not sure why all this is needed to get a card working of the box, wondering if card is supported at first place or any1 had this issue before ??...
not normally an issue, put the card in the camera, format the card and you're good to go

I have tried reformatting the card on fat32, that didnt help either, tried restoring cam's system settings, no use... reformatted from both PC and cam, that wont help either, also i got the v1.5 (believe latest firmware), can someone with the same card confirm if this is normal or suggest a solution ?...

sdxc card check is taking forever using H2testw and i cant do it for 6 Hours straight, but i will keep u updated, meanwhile any help is greatly appreciated...

thx

it seems you are right, testing with this app surely did reveal a lot...

Warning: Only 255898 of 255995 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
28.9 GByte OK (60783335 sectors)
50.1 GByte DATA LOST (105131938 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
50.1 GByte corrupted (105131938 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x000000073ef5ce00
Expected: 0x000000073ef5ce00
Found: 0x61f88239add67602
H2testw version 1.3

===============

Why it fails only after 28.9 GB, is this a counterfeit ?...

Anyways i must return it back, can you recommend a 256 GB card that is well tested and recommended for the dash, thank you ...

so which is a better card ?

The Evo Select, Evo Plus or the SanDisk A1 ??... in terms of durability mostly as speed is not really an issue for dashcams...

thanks,

The Evo Select, Evo Plus or the SanDisk A1 ??... in terms of durability mostly as speed is not really an issue for dashcams...

thanks,

The SELECT AND PLUS are the same. The Select is just a rebranded PLUS for Amazon. As for the SanDisk A1... I don't have an opinion, since I don't know anyone that's used one. I've got a couple of Select cards and I've never had a problem with them.

thanks,

Both of these cards are relatively new and so far I've not heard of one being worn out, so as far as durability on dashcams it's anyone's guess at this point. In most cams both seem to work adequately but as always certain cams will be picky about the card and one might be a better choice than the other with those. But other than that, both should be essentialy equal so I'd go for the cheaper or more available one based on which of those two things matters more to me.

Phil

Back