Viofo A129 Duo IR Video Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all. I have been reviewing many cams lately on my youtube channel. Don't often post them all here but I thought this one was a good one that would interest people.

I did review the A129 Duo not too long ago and really liked it. The jump up in build quality from the A119 felt nice, and the dual 1080p looked very good especially for the price of these cams. So this model is very similar but it has a few new upgrades. Obviously the IR camera is one change, the IR camera lets you use the camera inside your car to monitor whats going on inside so this is ideal for rideshare (uber/lyft) or taxi cab drivers.

One BIG addition is the new buffered parking mode. Buffered parking mode is no longer exclusive to Korean dash cams. This allows you to capture 10 seconds leading up to a motion or impact trigger, so you never miss anything important during parking mode.

Also the hardwiring kit works through the GPS mount now.

Check out my full video below. Viofo was kind enough to provide me with some 20% off coupons for amazon US and UK, check those out in the description of the video (you'll have to go to youtube to see that).

So apparently the night vision I have been using I was using wrong. It was still lighting up the back seat even tho I just assumed their IR lights were giving off red color. Someone from Viofo told me it seems to be set to color mode which doesn't use the IR lights but I don't see how it still can record in complete darkness. I have had it set to AUTO so it should switch from day to night vision automatically. I am going to try and just turn it to mono at all times and see how that affects the rear camera.

Back