Viofo A129 Duo Owners: How are you liking it?

Happy with both of mine. Upgraded with the latest firmware, the 3-wire kit, and lens filter. Have been using for two weeks now with Samsung 64gb high endurance cards. I'm in South Florida so using the endurance cards for the hot summers. I've set parking mode to 5fps and seems to be working fine. Been happy with the setup so far.

Viofo DCams are the Dcams with the best image quality, especialy at night.

This is the best choice now.
No other Cam has better image quality, even not the 200, 300 €/£/$

And Viofo gives the best customer Support i have ever seen.

Anyone using discharge prevention device with y'all setup like this or somethings else ? and how it's working so far if so?

Bought the A129 for a Xmas present but it has never worked. Spent a load of time hardwiring the cables and then went to try it out but will not switch on. Nothing. No lights, beeps or anything. Completely dead unit. Tried the 12v charger as well as a standard usb charger but still nothing. I have tried to contact Viofo by email, chat and phone but getting no response.

I have had mine since release and like it VERY much. It has been through hot summers where temps were in the high 90's for not just days but weeks at a time, 16 days alone in Orlando Florida the middle to end of August, and it never gave me a problem.

I power mine of a Cellink Neo with two expansion modules and love having around 2 days parking mode when needed while traveling on vacation and the car may go unused for a day every so often if just spending the day lounging around.

I have had mine since release and like it VERY much. It has been through hot summers where temps were in the high 90's for not just days but weeks at a time, 16 days alone in Orlando Florida the middle to end of August, and it never gave me a problem.

I power mine of a Cellink Neo with two expansion modules and love having around 2 days parking mode when needed while traveling on vacation and the car may go unused for a day every so often if just spending the day lounging around.

What memory card are you using? I'm using a Samsung Endurance 64gb card because of our hot summers here in South Florida. But I'd like to get a higher capacity standard card if they hold up in the heat.

Bought the A129 for a Xmas present but it has never worked. Spent a load of time hardwiring the cables and then went to try it out but will not switch on. Nothing. No lights, beeps or anything. Completely dead unit. Tried the 12v charger as well as a standard usb charger but still nothing. I have tried to contact Viofo by email, chat and phone but getting no response.
you should contact your seller first.

Did you ever power on the unit before running all the cables?
Have you tried both USB cables? Tried without a memory card inserted?

Did you ever power on the unit before running all the cables?
Have you tried both USB cables? Tried without a memory card inserted?
It was never turned on before the cables were installed, but have since tried the 2 other cables that were supplied as well as another usb cable plugged into a standard phone usb charger.

It was never turned on before the cables were installed, but have since tried the 2 other cables that were supplied as well as another usb cable plugged into a standard phone usb charger.

Before installing the cam you should have plugged it into the computer to ensure you had the most up to date firmware installed, I take it you didn’t do this? Try plugging it into the computer using the supplied shorter USB cable and see if that ‘wakes’ it up. I doubt it will but it’s worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mtz

Bought one for my better half as a Christmas present, also. Did the three wire kit with it. Camera was friggin' awesome....for a day. First real drive with it, on the way to pick up an SD card, the image froze up and camera was unresponsive. Only way to power it down was to remove power. Once I did, it would not power back on. Saw a similiar issue in another thread, so hopefully I just got a bad one. Purchased via Amazon from VIOFO, and replacement is already en route.

Anyone have a source for a 90-degree adapter for the rear? I know it's a 10-pin, and I could always try to buy the parts and make one, or cut the cable and solder. The 90 worked better up front and I had a helluva time getting that fat cable through the factory hatch grommet at the rear without tearing anything up as it is.

Mike

I have both the mini 0906 and Viofo A129 both are great small dual cam setups, I like the wifi on the Viofo, crystal clear video night and day. I do have a few problems with parking mode not working correctly on official V.15 and the Mod firmware. I have bad radio reception to, it doesnt cut out but I can hear interference, unplugging the rear cam fixes it, so I know what the problem was. Blurb182 feed the cable through the cable ducting from the roof to the hatch, I did that with my Astra
Im currently testing a new Zerogogo R2 camera and its not good in the dark at all, cant focus correctly, needs more updates.

Last edited:
@R1KSU I did feed the cable through the rubber ducting from the roof to hatch. The Ferrite core/bead has improved the reception to be acceptable, but it is still noticeable when passing through weak reception areas.
Ticket raised with Viofo to see if they have any other suggestions, I suspect they won't be able to improve it beyond what I have already achieved. I could try shrouding the entire cam in the aluminium foil tape, but I don't think it will improve much further as I did do a test run before the permanent install and I didn't feel it made an appreciable difference and I suspect the increased heat from encasing the cam would probably shorten the life of the unit.

Most people with rear dashcams experience radio static i believe, mine is fed down the drivers side to the back of the car in the roof lining.

Last edited:
Back