Viofo A129 duo timelapse

luchun

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Can this camera record 1,2,5 or 10 frames per second if not hardwired and only powered throuh cigarrete lighter socket?

Can this camera record 1,2,5 or 10 frames per second if not hardwired and only powered throuh cigarrete lighter socket?

Are you asking about parking mode timelapse? You won't get any parking mode if you're only powered through the cigarette lighter socket.

Dunno how it's named, but I need 10 hours of timelapse, when car is parked, and connected only to cigarette lighter socket.

Dunno how it's named, but I need 10 hours of timelapse, when car is parked, and connected only to cigarette lighter socket.

Cigarette lighter socket most likely won't keep the camera powered in parking mode depending on the vehicle, as it'll switch off with the car and be unpowered. If your cigarette sockets stay on, you'll most likely drain the car's battery too quickly.

You'll need an external battery of some sort (Cellink, Blackvue B-124, some even use USB powerbanks but I cannot comment on the safety of this).

Cigarette sockets stay on, only I am interesed can I record timelapse..to set to record a few frames per second, if not hardwired? Does software can allow me that?

Cigarette sockets stay on, only I am interesed can I record timelapse..to set to record a few frames per second, if not hardwired? Does software can allow me that?
Yup, that's possible. The camera should switch into parking mode timelapse after 5 minutes of the vehicle shut off and not moving, even with the cigarette lighter adapter.

That being said, this isn't safe, as it's possible the camera will TOTALLY drain the car's battery and leave you stranded. BEWARE of doing this without some kind of safety measure like a hardwiring kit voltage cutoff.

Also, 10 hours is a bit of a stretch for parking mode time off the car's battery. Conservatively, you'll probably only get 4-5 hours safely.

I would drive 30 minutes before recording, and 30 minutes after. And somebody on this forum told me that this will not drain my car battery tottaly, but maybe shorten life of battery cca 20 %. Dunno what to think now.

Can you recommend mi some powerbank, enough for 10 hours powering this duo cam...and not to be too expensive. Thanks.

And I wanna to ask, if I record 10 hours only with rear or front camera, will this bi safetly for my car battery? Is this 50 % less power consumption then?

@luchun
I have a 20000 mA power bank. Should be more than enough for 10 hours.
I can't recommend one as I don't know what's available in Croatia.

And I wanna to ask, if I record 10 hours only with rear or front camera, will this bi safetly for my car battery? Is this 50 % less power consumption then?
Using only 1 camera saves about 25% of power. Charging the car battery for 1 hour per day should be plenty for 10 hours recording while parked, and if you charge the battery to 100.00% full every month then it should only reduce battery life a small amount, the batteries do need to get to 100% full occasionally or they do get damaged. Having a low voltage cut off is a good idea to avoid damaging your battery if you forget to turn the camera off or if it is very cold in the winter.

@luchun
I have a 20000 mA power bank. Should be more than enough for 10 hours.
I can't recommend one as I don't know what's available in Croatia.
Ok, so any 20000 mA power bank should be enough for dual camera 10 hours recording? If that so, that is cheep..its about 30 eur. So then I not need to use cigarete lighter socket at all for parking recording only?

Running the hardware kit is super easy... Find a fuse that's always on (using a simple tested with a light) and that's your battery cable. Find something like the radio or other fuse (as long as it's not a safety feature like ABS), and that's your ACC. Running it down the a-pillar to the interior fuse panel is super simple. You'd be better off doing that.

I would drive 30 minutes before recording, and 30 minutes after. And somebody on this forum told me that this will not drain my car battery tottaly, but maybe shorten life of battery cca 20 %. Dunno what to think now.
Not sure who told you that, but it WILL drain the battery if you're using a constant cigarette jack. There's nothing stopping the camera from running the battery down totally.

If you run with a proper hardwiring kit with voltage cutoff, you won't have that issue. It will only run down to a safe voltage and then cut the camera off.

Im using RAV Power 26800 USB powerbank. Works fine for continuous parking mode without worrying about the batter. The whole hardwire option is enticing but I have been too lazy to do it and the powerbank option gives me piece of mind the car will be monitored at all time without any worry about the battery. Certianly if you live in a hot place like AZ or FL its prudent to be cautious.

the powerbank option gives me piece of mind the car will be monitored at all time without any worry about the battery. Certianly if you live in a hot place like AZ or FL its prudent to be cautious.
If you live in a hot place you need to be cautious about using a powerbank in a parked car too.

Not sure who told you that, but it WILL drain the battery if you're using a constant cigarette jack. There's nothing stopping the camera from running the battery down totally.

If you run with a proper hardwiring kit with voltage cutoff, you won't have that issue. It will only run down to a safe voltage and then cut the camera off.
Today I tested 10 hours of dual recording while parked, and battery was fine..car turn on with no problems.

Also, 10 hours is a bit of a stretch for parking mode time off the car's battery. Conservatively, you'll probably only get 4-5 hours safely.

Hardwired, I got in winter time more than 60 h of recording in PM. The longest period when the cam failed was 4 consecutive days: when I entered the car noticed that the leds were not red. Start the engine (without problem: cut-off switch to 12 V) and the cam restart.

Sent from my [emoji637] [emoji809] [emoji642] using Tapatalk Pro

Back