Viofo A129 Duo - What Problems Have You Encountered With this Dash Cam?

I did notice a leaf stuck to my door and it was a bit windy and some heavy rain.. I wonder if something hit it from a nearby tree. Very weird.

No cars parked next to mine when I arrived and left, and no debris anywhere.

A car parks in the space to the left and in front but it doesn't look like it gets near my car at all.

StrayCam - Yes! I've seen that PDR, those guys are my heros! I seen some videos on youtube before and some of the people doing the repairs are really good at it.

Airborne - My old car used to have plastic protectors (factory) on the doors https://www.haynesford.co.uk/History-Ford-Fiesta-Mk6 They don't really seem to do it much more now though.

Just testing the replacement dashcam now, I'll put it in the car tommorow.

I have this on all 4 doors of my car from factory..This system should be obligatory for all car makers and no more dents on our doors or sides of the car...

How cool that is, I would install something like that on my truck. Is that piece recessed or just bolted on?? And agree, every car or truck should have this. We would pay for it any ways as they always pass the buck onto us

I would install something like this on my Tacoma if someone has a link to after market

I'm afraid is not possible,is not aftermarket is coming installed from factory with the car.It has an entire mechanism inside the door,very simple mechanism but effective..The rubbers are
interchangeable when break,and the replacement is cheap 16€/piece..

I have this on all 4 doors of my car from factory
Thats pretty neat, but i cant see it help against more than the very smallest of dents.
Then again i also think it is complete useless TEC and a waste of materials, this issue only exist due to human error, or should i say error in people, cuz if you was the kind of person that care, you will never need it.
Myself i some times touch the car beside me with my door, but then i pull back a few CM before i exit my car, so if i have caused anything it should not be more damage than the car wash will do to your car.

The video also say door edge protectors, so its there to protect the door it is installed on, not really the car next to it, or it would be named something else i would think.

Belive me I have tested against my other old car in the garrage,and even hitting hard no dents on the car(when you hit the other car's door it doesn't deform,it moves like a whole and comes back),they are very effective.I am very carefull too with other cars in the parking,I never touch with my door another car.If every car in this world would have this system,the human error would not count anymore.

Attachments

• edge.JPG
    edge.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I did notice a leaf stuck to my door and it was a bit windy and some heavy rain.. I wonder if something hit it from a nearby tree. Very weird.

No cars parked next to mine when I arrived and left, and no debris anywhere.

StrayCam - Yes! I've seen that PDR, those guys are my heros! I seen some videos on youtube before and some of the people doing the repairs are really good at it.

When I first got my car, I was told that there are three places where you should not park your car if you have a choice:

1. Under trees: you can get hit with anything that falls out of the tree, like pine cones, or get hit by birds that happen to be in the tree.

2. Under power lines - birds often land on them and give you a little surprise.

3. Alongside any automatic sprinklers - if they turn on, you can get hard water spots on your car.

Three days after I first purchased my car, my roof got hit by a pine cone and left a nice dent! Luckily, I had purchased a 5-year protection plan that covers any dents or dings that can be repaired with the dentless repair procedure. Lexus repaired the dent and you could not even tell it was there.

While there are some instances that the dentless repair method will not work, I believe it will work in most cases.

Only time I've had a roof damaged was when it got hit by lightning... where are you going to mount that 7th dashcam?

Good news, my replacement arrived today.

Bad news, got a ding in my door today

The dashcam behaved itself today and captured the whole day parked up but at a first glance I can't see anything obvious.

Im very certain the ding was caused by someones door but can't find anything on the footage so far.
With low bitrate, at least you have a recording of the whole day. I see you have started another thread about finding events in video:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/searching-parking-mode-footage.40570/

If you use something like dashcamviewer (DCV) you can combine the individual clips into something much longer to make searching quicker. I don't use DCV myself, but at first glance I don't see an option to display the audio track on a video?

Next to the RVM like a normal camera?
It should be safe from the lightning there.

Maybe get a car with a glass roof, then just point the camera upwards, but then you will need to fit a wiper on top to clear the bird droppings.

Pine cones? Dang! Maybe I need a 7th dashcam pointing upwards to capture anything falling from the sky! :D

Maybe something like this: :D
41v8Bw4wJiL.jpg
Just shows you no matter how hard you try something will eventually happen :rolleyes:

I am checking to see if I have room for something like this

Something I noticed since installed my a129 as a dedicated rear camera. The screen will light up every now and then while driving or parked with the car running. It’s not being triggered by an event, it just randomly lights up and then turns off after the allotted 1 minute time frame I have it set to.

Something I noticed since installed my a129 as a dedicated rear camera. The screen will light up every now and then while driving or parked with the car running. It’s not being triggered by an event, it just randomly lights up and then turns off after the allotted 1 minute time frame I have it set to.
next time that happens see if you can get a look at the screen to see the timer and see if it coincides with the start of a new recording segment

Back