Viofo A129 Duo - What Problems Have You Encountered With this Dash Cam?

next time that happens see if you can get a look at the screen to see the timer and see if it coincides with the start of a new recording segment
Ok. I’ll definitely take a look next time it does it. It’s happened at least twice a day for the past two days.

next time that happens see if you can get a look at the screen to see the timer and see if it coincides with the start of a new recording segment
I checked the camera just now because the screen turned on after sitting parked for a few minutes with the engine running. The timer restarted to 0:00 without the emergency butting being triggered or an impact of any sort. I’m also on v1.9 and using a Samsung evo 128gb card if that helps any.

I checked the camera just now because the screen turned on after sitting parked for a few minutes with the engine running. The timer restarted to 0:00 without the emergency butting being triggered or an impact of any sort. I’m also on v1.9 and using a Samsung evo 128gb card if that helps any.
No beep? Do you have sounds turned on?

I have the beeps turned off. The only audible active is the initial start up tone.

You should turn "all beeps on" while you test this. It could very well be that your dash cam is cutting videos short by 10 - 20 seconds. If your beep settings is only for start-up, you will not get the beeps while driving indicating you have a problem.

Incidentally, I recently started to get a single beep occasionally with my Samsung Evo Plus 128 gb sd card. - - I thought the cards solved my problem, but apparently it didn't. However, I only get the single beep once in a long while; with my other cared (Lexar) I was getting the beeps frequently.

You should turn "all beeps on" while you test this. It could very well be that your dash cam is cutting videos short by 10 - 20 seconds. If your beep settings is only for start-up, you will not get the beeps while driving indicating you have a problem.

Incidentally, I recently started to get a single beep occasionally with my Samsung Evo Plus 128 gb sd card. - - I thought the cards solved my problem, but apparently it didn't. However, I only get the single beep once in a long while; with my other cared (Lexar) I was getting the beeps frequently.
Ok. I’ll give it a shot. Yesterday when I posted was the first time the screen lite up and it didn’t do it again for the rest of the day with continuous stop and go driving and idling for about an hour straight. This morning it has also been working flawlessly. But, I will turn on all beeps to see if I can hear the stop and restart of video clips.

There is another thread about the single beeps .

Even with a decent fast card, some of us get them. The last time I had them was a week and half ago, they are really random.

So far I turned on all beeps and turned off time lapse parking mode since I leave the camera powered on constantly. The only time I turn it off is parked overnight or when I’m backed into a spot where I don’t need the rear camera recording. The screen has not randomly turned on since, but it’s only been a day.

Recently reviewed some footage from my a129 and noticed some focus drift in hot weather. Mind you it's pretty slight (as in I could still read plates I needed to), but it gives everything a bit of fuzziness that is not there during overcast (where it is tack sharp). Anyone else notice this at all?

Back