VIOFO A129 Duo WiFi

dude2017

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A 129 Duo
Hello today I received my Viofo A 129 Duo. Everything installed and set up. The following question: If the Dashcam is connected to the smartphone and you interrupt the recording then sounds a continuous beep. Can you switch it off?

I dont think so, the beeping are there to warn that the camera are not recording.
Maybe they can do something in future firmware so in intentional stopped recording there will be no warning beep.

Hello today the Viofo app has been updated. I'm curious if you can disable the beep sound in the settings. Anyway, you can now copy photos and videos to your smartphone.

I saw the update too on the iOS app. how do you know when Viofo releases a new Firmware update? and what is the procedure to install a new Firmware update into the A129 and can you use a PC and/or a Mac computer with the A129 for updates and viewing? or is it just PC compatible? Thanks

I saw the update too on the iOS app. how do you know when Viofo releases a new Firmware update? and what is the procedure to install a new Firmware update into the A129 and can you use a PC and/or a Mac computer with the A129 for updates and viewing? or is it just PC compatible? Thanks
New firmware appears here: http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/folders/19000140970

And you just follow the instructions, basically put the file in the root folder of the memory card, put the memory card in the camera, then turn on and wait a full minute.

I don't think the app supports firmware updates at this time, not sure if it will. But you can either watch here or the Viofo site, http://support.viofo.com/support/home for firmware. The OS doesn't matter to update the firmware or view files. You can use Dashcam Viewer if you wish, not sure if it supports front\rear of the Viofo A129 currently. But should work for front rear separately at least.

Please do the following to upgrade the dash cam

The firmware will be automatically deleted from Micro SD card after upgrade completed.
  1. Use a memory card (recommend 16GB-128GB memory card) formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  3. Copy the FWA119P.bin on the root of the card
  4. After FWA119P.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until the camera restart.

The front red LED will be blinking while upgrading.

You don't have to connect the camera to the computer, you can just use the microSD card if you wish. Then put the microSD back in the camera and power the camera with a USB wall charger or in the car. That's my preferred method.

In near future, use can update the firmware via APP.

I dont think so, the beeping are there to warn that the camera are not recording.
Maybe they can do something in future firmware so in intentional stopped recording there will be no warning beep.
Currently the beep is disabled while access file list on app.

Hello I saw that yesterday was an update for Viofo App IOS. Which bugs have been fixed unfortunately this is not in the app

Hi,
How is your download speed via WiFi? I use a Samsung S7 and the WiFi download speed is slow...

Couple of questions:

1. Are there plans to allow connecting to an existing wifi network? If I can connect it to my home network, I can automate the copying of new locked files.
  2. Is there a way of connecting to wifi without having to disable mobile data?

Received today ... and so disappointed.
Do not know the reason yet, but WiFi transfer is a nightmare.

Tested on MotoX4 with Oreo on board, U1 AData 32GB card (not formatted under A129, but A119S and on A119S recordings).
Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz (in a flat, so maybe there is "crowdy" neighborhood. Will check outside, maybe it will improve.
Transferring files - for 157MB recording 90 seconds, so less than 1.8MBps (< 14Mbps ).
Preview - constant buffering. Stops many times during EVERY playback to buffer.

Transferring when connected by cable to my PC is even more odd. Using TotalCommander, there is very long hang (approx 12seconds), then transfer starts and finish in another 12seconds (24 seconds for 157MB file gives less than 7MBps).

Will do the same exercise later directly from SD card to compare.

Will try to format card under device, but so far this WiFi feature is completely useless.

Could somebody from VIOFO team tell us what should be expected transfer rates for 2.4/5GHz network.
What card specification should be used, maybe U1 is not enough for this device.

Your live view should be smooth, no buffering, but if there is buffering then it may be your phone, you could try playing the live view on your computer instead...

Reading stored video off the SD card, the camera is a slow SD card reader, you can't expect it to be faster than plugging it into the computer USB2 port and it will be much faster to put a U3 card in a UHS USB3 card reader. Also you must stop it from recording since it is very slow to read and write to the SD card at the same time.

You may also find the 5GHz wifi to be slower than the 2.4GHz, try them both.

Tried both, identical results. But did that in my flat, there could be a lot of WiFi networks here (around 40), so will redo the test inside a car on parking (should be a little bit quieter there).

Live view from computer? How?

Back