VIOFO A129 Duo (Pre-production sample)

Gotcha, thanks for explaining. I can deal with them being visible even if only from a narrow angle as long as they’re visible. For the life of me in bright sunlight I find seeing the way the button lights up across the a119 models near impossible. This is another nice change they made on the a129.
One advantage is that they can't annoy you at night by being too bright if you can't see them from the driving position, I do sometimes wish they were easier to see though.

The power cable looks much tidier coming out the top rather than the side.
Manufacturers should set the excuses to the side and get it sorted ... yeah? :p
Why take it from the top if you are going to "set the excuses to the side and get it sorted"?
Just make it purely wireless with a battery for the rear camera that will last 10 years!

Unfortunately, sometimes the excuses are statements of reality and not excuses at all.

Gotcha, thanks for explaining. I can deal with them being visible even if only from a narrow angle as long as they’re visible. For the life of me in bright sunlight I find seeing the way the button lights up across the a119 models near impossible. This is another nice change they made on the a129.
As pictured, I can see the A129 to the driver's side of my rear view mirror. The LEDs are noticeable if you look for them, but not so much that they are a distraction at night.

I like how they have the 3 small seperate LEDs for REC, WiFi and MIC on the A129.

I find it quite hard during daytime to see the red LED that lights up the REC button on the A119 models so I'm hoping the lights are much easier to see during daytime with this configuration on the A129.

Can a 'beta tester' of the A129 confirm the LEDs are now more visible during sunny days or are they still hard to see? Thanks!
I have found that a really dim LED behind the REC button is usually due to a piece of foam padding that I think Viofo adds to prevent button rattle. Sometimes it's not placed quite right and blocks some of the LED. I have removed a bunch of these and the REC button becomes much brighter. If you think yours is abnormally dull, it may be worthwhile to take a peak inside and see if yours has the foam padding. Opening the camera may void the warranty, so use your judgement.

Why take it from the top if you are going to "set the excuses to the side and get it sorted"?
Just make it purely wireless with a battery for the rear camera that will last 10 years!

Unfortunately, sometimes the excuses are statements of reality and not excuses at all.
+1

How is the Bluetooth and WiFi used in this system?

What firmware version are you on? Long press on Menu will take a photo on mine.

How is the Bluetooth and WiFi used in this system?
Bluetooth is for the "Remote Control" button, so that you can put the "Emergency Lock" button in a convenient position for pressing without taking your eyes off the road.

Wifi is for the App to run on your phone or tablet, lets you view live video, change the camera settings, replays recorded videos/photos, download videos/photos to your mobile device, seems to work nicely. WiFi also provides http for web browsers to replay/download videos/photos and an rtsp stream so that you can leave you car parked on the street and view the live video from inside your house on PC/TV/any device that can display an rtsp stream.

Simple!

Know that only a few people are testing the cam, but anyone know if it affects DAB signal at all? As would like dual cam setup, but don’t want to lose my DAB radio.

Know that only a few people are testing the cam, but anyone know if it affects DAB signal at all? As would like dual cam setup, but don’t want to lose my DAB radio.

An interesting question - cos I have a Bauhn Dab radio that connects via Bluetooth...

that will depend on the radio as much as it depends on the camera, where the antenna is, what type of antenna, cable routing etc

One advantage is that they can't annoy you at night by being too bright if you can't see them from the driving position, I do sometimes wish they were easier to see though.
Viofo had a great idea to not make the LEDs blinking on A119. I hope they will keep the same idea for A129 and no blinking LED in normal recording mode. The default setting to not blink any LED.
I waited so much for a dashcam without stupid blinking LED in front of my eyes so I hope they will keep the good way and protect our eyes and not disturb from our driving. A LED even is visible, if is not blinking will not disturb too much the driver.

On WR1 some LED was blinking and I didn't like that.

enjoy,
Mtz

that will depend on the radio as much as it depends on the camera, where the antenna is, what type of antenna, cable routing etc
Also depends on the installation of the camera. The camera cables need to be kept away from the radio antenna cables and if the antenna is a windscreen antenna then the camera should be kept away from any antenna amplifier. All dual cameras can cause issues if the front to back video cable is placed near the radio antenna/antenna amplifier/antenna cable.

I'm still using FM/AM and using a proper whip antenna on the roof so can't answer about DAB, I also run my power cable down the opposite A-Pillar to the radio antenna cable to reduce interference, but being analogue radio I can judge the amount of interference rather than it just being OK/Not Working. It appears to be one of the better cameras for interference.

My DAB antenna is integrated into the rear window, so have a suspicion that a rear camera would affect the signal. As would be right next to it.

This is my first chance to share footage from my A129 Duo. I haven't got it situated in the right position on the front cos the sweep of the wiper blade ends in vision leaving the dust off the screen at the top of the arc. The audio is very good, on this I had the window down on the drivers side and in this edit, I had to reduce the volume output!

I will have to reposition this and the Viofo 119 Pro, and even maybe the Nextbase 612GW to fit it into the best position! Youtube will no doubt compress it, so there is a link to the RAW file here as well which you can download:

RAW file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7bppemn2tzic2ah/Duo_One_Low_Volume.mp4

Paul.

This is my first chance to share footage from my A129 Duo. I haven't got it situated in the right position on the front cos the sweep of the wiper blade ends in vision leaving the dust off the screen at the top of the arc. The audio is very good, on this I had the window down on the drivers side and in this edit, I had to reduce the volume output!

I will have to reposition this and the Viofo 119 Pro, and even maybe the Nextbase 612GW to fit it into the best position! Youtube will no doubt compress it, so there is a link to the RAW file here as well which you can download:

RAW file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7bppemn2tzic2ah/Duo_One_Low_Volume.mp4

Paul.

Wow wow wow........This is bananas. I am seeing 43 Mbps bitrate. That's awesome. It varies throughout the video from 38 Mbps minimum to 43 Mbs max. If so that's highest from any camera.

I'm assuming that's a HIGH setting? I didn't think this was possible with this camera?

1529018989555.png

Last edited:
Back