Viofo A129: Hardwire Kit Question

Dashcamuser567

Reaction score
Country
United States
On the Viofo Website they have the hardwire kit on sale. I was going to buy it but I see there is an option for a fuse type. What is this? I drive a Scion IM so I was wondering if my car needed this fuse option or if I could just buy the normal hardwire kit and connect into my battery.

Can someone also direct me on how to install the hardwire kit? I was googling around and it looks like daunting since it requires taking panels off.

You’ll need two fuse taps to wire into your fuse box. One for the ACC wire and one for the Battery wire. You’ll need to pull a fuse in your fuse box to determine which fuse type your car has.

You’ll need two fuse taps to wire into your fuse box. One for the ACC wire and one for the Battery wire. You’ll need to pull a fuse in your fuse box to determine which fuse type your car has.

How would I be able to do that? Sorry this is my first dashcam hardwire

So if I hardwire my cam into the fuse box will I still need to plug in my cam via the cigarette lighter? Or will the fuse box connection give power to both parking and normal operation?
The 3-wire kit will power the camera during normal recordings and while in parking mode.

So if I hardwire my cam into the fuse box will I still need to plug in my cam via the cigarette lighter? Or will the fuse box connection give power to both parking and normal operation?

If you are very unfamiliar with these things then it may be best to take the car and kit to an auto electrician, you don’t want to do any damage to anything. You will need to be able to use a multi meter to find your ACC and Bat+ fuses. You also need to put the correct size/amperage fuse in the correct slot on the tap otherwise you’re going to have a problem.

If in doubt either take it to a shop or ask a friend to do it with you so you can learn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm running into a problem recently. with the 3 wire kit, the cam enter parking mode fine but both the 1.4 beta and the 1.5 public firmware, the cam will about 1 in 4 times record for a while in parking mode, but about 3-4 hours in, the cam would stop recording, with the REC led blinking fast, and constant double beep, this last until the next time I turn the car on. the file/recording at the time seem to be corrupted (the earlier files are fine) when I turn on and connect via wifi, that file preview is blank/white and can't be played back. Anyone have similar problem or have a solution?

Back