Viofo A129 Menu button will no longer act as a menu button after enabling WiFi, even after WiFi is disabled with a long press of the WiFi button.

Deevo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just got the A129 today, and I have to say the picture is fantastic, for both the front and back cameras!

I brought the camera into the house and updated the firmare from firmware V1.0 to V1.2. I after this, I enabled WiFi, and then realized quickly that my menu button no longer acted as a menu button, but instead captured a picture. A search through the forums told me that turning WiFi off with a long press of the WiFi button would make the menu button act like a menu button again. After doing this, the menu button still captured a still photo, despite WiFi being disabled.

Does anyone have any idea how I can make my menu button act as a menu button again? Though the app seems like a fantastic idea and all, I have had sporadic luck getting it to sync with the camera, and I would prefer to have a the button that is clearly marked as menu to act as the menu button again.

Reactions: M83
My god, that seems so obvious when I think about it, and you are absolutely correct. When I was first playing with it, it didn't have any memory card in it, so when It turned on and the menu button simply went to the menu, I was trying that same thing with a memory card in it. Thank you so much, jokiin.

I'm not going to delete this thread. I'm going to leave it here so that in the off chance that someone else makes my mistake, they know the answer, and also as a testament to my stupidity. I'll blame the shiftwork, but lets be real, I simply wasn't working the problem.

Thanks again for helping someone with something that seems so obvious, jokiin. I appreciate your help.

Haha don't feel bad I still have multiple pictures on my sd card from straight up hitting the menu button without stopping recording.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

This behavior is the same on v1.0 So don't feel bad. :)

Noticed the error!
If the application is set to EV -1.3, EV -4/3 will be turned on in the DVR
The correct value will be in accordance with Annex EV -0. 3, in the DVR EV -1/3

P.S. Exit from Wi-Fi mode will be the right button on the DVR.

I'm having the same problem, I'm not able to enter the menu after I used WiFi on the A129 for the first time.

I tried everything you guys mentioned, stop recording and then entering the menu does not work.

What's the best way to deactivate WiFi?

I've tried that many times, maybe I have not hold it long enough, I'll try later again.

@viofo do you think you could move the button for wifi or menu to the emergency button so you don't have 3 different functions on one key? A long press on the emergency button say 5 secs might sort this out. As its presses automatically may an backup to RO so no one loses anything if they panicked and pressed it too long..
I have had exactly the same problems as everyone and it gets frustrating. I would leave wifi on and use my phone except it lowers video mps recording quality and its noticable.

Please note that recording has to be stopped before menu can be accessed and that recording will be started automatically every time WiFi state is changed. The same goes with many other actions as well. Always make sure recording is stopped in case some menu or settings button did not do what you expected it to do.

Last edited:
Back