VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

There aren't many options of improving low light motion blur at 90KM/h with these low priced dashcams.

Try the following on A129
- set 1080P @60fps
Setting 60fps doesn't help as the A129 uses frame doubling when the light level drops.

What is needed is to force the camera to use faster exposure times to reduce motion blur. My Mobius Maxi with a less-sensitive sensor typically has less blur than the A129. The A129 should be able to match the Maxi blur and do so with less noise.

The lens is cleaned.
Is it a complaint at a vendor? I only have a camera for a few days.

So we lose 1Mbs on rear camera which is added to front? Can we bump rear to 20mbps? and change 24 front and 20 rear? That would be more balanced anyway.

Since back is low anyway i think we should at very least keep 18Mbps or bump on rear as difference between 26 to 27 or even 24 on front is negligible, invisible to eye while rear since bitrate is low in the first place losing value on rear is not good idea.

I actually need rear camera more then front as i have 2 in front and if i get rear ended i need best possible quality. Front is driver mistake. Rear is someone elses mistake. Rear is important IMHO.

Please bump rear back to 20Mbps if possible or if you can tell me how to edit the bin in hex editor and which line number contain bit rate values? Or another version please?
I now have the ability to create any Bit Rate combination with restriction combined they must not go past 44Mbs.
24 Front + 20 Rear = 44Mbs and great choice. Posted these introductory levels to solicit feedback for owner preferences.

Since my rear window has no wiper and always dirty and fogs up all the time in winter I prioritize Front image quality always. You make an excellent argument for better Rear quality.

Hello
how to turn off wifi in MOD-4Uj ?
If the red WiFi LED is on simply press-and-hold the far right-button for 3 seconds until big new RED "X" appears then release button.

What about the light rays? That's all right?

RAW - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uG6CeRJA318hr63MG1vbfmhxw18Bf0dO

2018-12-23-194811.jpg

2018-12-23-194754.jpg

2018-12-23-194732.jpg

2018-12-23-195534.jpg
Clean the INSIDE of windshield with good cleaner not ammonia based, then wipe down with dam cloth finally with dry cloth.

I now have the ability to create any Bit Rate combination with restriction combined they must not go past 44Mbs.
24 Front + 20 Rear = 44Mbs and great choice. Posted these introductory levels to solicit feedback for owner preferences.

Since my rear window has no wiper and always dirty and fogs up all the time in winter I prioritize Front image quality always. You make an excellent argument for better Rear quality.
For 7uj, I noticed that low bit rate is also set for 27, is that for both normal and PM modes? If so, is there any chance you can set that back down?

For 7uj, I noticed that low bit rate is also set for 27, is that for both normal and PM modes? If so, is there any chance you can set that back down?
Currently only A129 has the newest official firmware features such as Bitrate Menu option making it easier to override/disable. As of today haven't found the correct replacement code(hex) to insert enabling different values for High/Low. Plan to solve this after the holidays when I have more time, it's on my To-Do-List.

Clean the INSIDE of windshield with good cleaner not ammonia based, then wipe down with dam cloth finally with dry cloth.
A washed window from both sides
the result -

I have a heated window. Can it be a problem?

Currently only A129 has the newest official firmware features such as Bitrate Menu option making it easier to override/disable. As of today haven't found the correct replacement code(hex) to insert enabling different values for High/Low. Plan to solve this after the holidays when I have more time, it's on my To-Do-List.
Best of luck, I'll be patiently waiting...

the result -

An old windshield with scratches cause that problem. Even very tiny scratches.
Same problem with my old car. Problem that i don't have with my work car, wich is new.

the result -

IMG-20181224-065854.jpg

IMG-20181224-070041.jpg
At night park with street lights in view, detach A129 from windshield mount, connect short miniUSB cable to side port and other end to socket adapter, lower driver side window, hold A129 in hand point out window at street lights. Compare footage to see if heated windshield is cause of refraction glare, my guess it is the cause and nothing you can do. Repeat test and remove CPL filter. Fancy glass does horrible things to dashcam image quality.

I'm staying on 26/18. I see no point in taking from rear and adding to the front IMO. 24/20 would be great. Happy holidays.

Back