VIOFO A129 non-IR 1080p Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Ya that'll be tomorrow's project. Just trying to get the damn video to work with audio. So BChobbyist can see what I'm seeing.
my system security prevents me from accessing your questionable file server
just post a photo showing the A129 from inside car while its powered on, don't need to see the issue itself.
also include photo of the hardwire kit connections to fuse box.

Sigh well video shows 0 seconds to 26 car running on engine and camera running off normal power. 26 seconds I shut down car it switches to park mode. I then shut off camera and at 58 seconds hit key fob to lock doors. Camera turns itself back on.

can understand what you're saying without having to watch a video o_O

Power is attached direct to Camera (Not GPS). Battery = Fuse 14 Front Passenger Seat. ACC = 22 12v Tunnel Console. Black = Grounded to metal screw with metal washer.
suggest loading Official FW1.50 for 2 weeks and see if anything odd happens. At least that way you can confirm all wiring works perfectly. I'll recode the MOD but don't have a Hardwire Kit to test on.

I'd put my money on a bug in the modded firmware.... I'll flash back today to stock and "verify" it isn't my car.. Even though I regularly shut off camera and locked doors before Mod and never had issue... I'll "Double Check".

yeah best to double check, if you find you can't get it to switch back on using stock firmware then the modified firmware is going to need some closer inspection

The A129 when connected using Hardwire Kit with Parking Mode enabled will turn itself on even if you press the Power button on camera due to voltage sensing. At least thats what it should do, you'd have to disable Parking Mode to prevent it from turning on. Sounds normal to me.

if there is a bug there I'm sure he'll want to get it sorted, you still need to go through the process of ruling out other possibilities to know if that is the case or not, to be fair if he doesn't have the hardwire kit himself it's not something he would have known to be a problem, if that is indeed the case

Already PM'd Bill for latest Kit for testing, was actually trying to avoid using it but A129 is being converted to Kit only Parking feature and wouldn't surprise me the behaviour reported is in fact by design. Could also be G-sensor detecting door slam and records 60 second event clip. Again all can be confirmed when owners actually perform all these tests using original firmware pre-loaded on DVR for baseline comparisons later against newer official versions.

Firmware 1.50 doesn't work well with Bitrate MOD unless using Low Bitrate Recording since that works with power banks. I have no data on 6 other modes with no kit available.
my advice for those wanting all 6 Parking Modes to use only official firmware until middle of March when i'll recode the new MODs using v1.60
Working on the color saturation levels now, that takes time and weather is poor needing Beta Testers.

In my attempts to narrow the gap between 1080P and 1440P this is the closest so far. Turned out better than expected with video comparison posted this weekend.

d7a3881aef273c5553cb53e5a9b25e31.png

My dashcam has worked under all mods...

That is incorrect. On stock firmware, I was able to power off the camera manually without having to disable parking mode. So once car was shut off and camera went into parking mode, I could hold down power button and turn camera off. So it wouldn't run while sitting in the garage. Doing so under stock firmware never required disabling parking mode.

Now, I can turn off parking mode each and ever time I want to disable camera. I guess that is a "work around". But it appears to be more of a bug in the hacked firmware since the hacked firmware behaves differently than the stock one.
This is how I currently use my camera with the 3-wire kit. I manually turn off camera when I park in my garage. I use Low Bitrate parking mode. No problems.
Your issue sounds like your ACC fuse is becoming energized when you press the door lock on your key fob, thus restarting the camera. What fuse are you using for the yellow ACC wire?

In my attempts to narrow the gap between 1080P and 1440P this is the closest so far. Turned out better than expected with video comparison posted this weekend.

Ok so Im going to have to do some testing and find out what's going on.

Stock Firmware is behaving same way. Exit Car, lock doors, camera turns on. Only way to get it to shut off is turn off park mode.

My car has been sitting a few days and battery is "low'. I have 12.4 volts in my battery (75%) due to 5 years of age. Cutoff is 12.2 (50%). Im going to drive my car around a bit in hour or 2 and then see what happens when battery is charged.

So you can disregard all I've said. This appears to be an issue on my end somewhere. Maybe I'm just noticing it turning back on after locking and hadn't paid attention before or Maybe this is a new issue due to low battery warning. I'll report back after I've done more testing.

This is how I currently use my camera with the 3-wire kit. I manually turn off camera when I park in my garage. I use Low Bitrate parking mode. No problems.
Your issue sounds like your ACC fuse is becoming energized when you press the door lock on your key fob, thus restarting the camera. What fuse are you using for the yellow ACC wire?

Do me a favor please. Put Camera in Park Mode. Shut off car and shut off camera before entering park mode. Lock your doors if you have power locks. Repeat process after camera enters park mode. Lock doors.

Does camera turn itself back on?

Tested both turning camera off before park mode and after park mode. And then locking doors. Still comes back on.

Either this is due to low battery or I'm going to have to switch fuses because the ACC must be energized (12V Tunnel Socket) somehow. That or hardwire kit malfunctioning if I put in another spot and that doesn't solve issue

Need to do a few things. report back more in few hours.

Stock Firmware is behaving same way. Exit Car, lock doors, camera turns on. Only way to get it to shut off is turn off park mode.

My car has been sitting a few days and battery is "low'. I have 12.4 volts in my battery (75%) due to 5 years of age. Cutoff is 12.2 (50%). Im going to drive my car around a bit in hour or 2 and then see what happens when battery is charged.

So you can disregard all I've said. This appears to be an issue on my end somewhere. Maybe I'm just noticing it turning back on after locking and hadn't paid attention before or Maybe this is a new issue due to low battery warning. I'll report back after I've done more testing.

glad you finally went back to stock firmware to test after that being suggested many times

more likely a wiring problem, your vehicle is CAN-BUS, the cars own computer can switch circuits on and off regardless of what state you detected them working in when for first tested them, they're more complex than older cars

Do me a favor please. Put Camera in Park Mode. Shut off car and shut off camera before entering park mode. Lock your doors if you have power locks. Repeat process after camera enters park mode. Lock doors.

Does camera turn itself back on?
I do this daily and the camera has never turned back on.

Please go back and delete all Firmware bashing posts you made with no facts or evidence, thanks.

Back