VIOFO A129 or Street Guardian SGGCX2Pro?

saiko21

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone please recommend me which is better among these. I read great reviews and support for SGGCX2pro but VIOFO is having good support for firmware updates but nothing great about customer support. I am expecting a good warranty support for atleast one year.

Last edited:
For better (correct) search results please edit title to full SG model name: Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO vs just XPro. Otherwise some readers may be start searching for "new" (other) Street Guardian model which doesn't exist.

For better (correct) search results please edit title to full SG model name: Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO vs just XPro. Otherwise some readers may be start searching for "new" (other) Street Guardian model which doesn't exist.
My bad I edited it now (y)

Can anyone please recommend me which is better among these. I read great reviews and support for SGGCX2pro but VIOFO is having good support for firmware updates but nothing great about customer support. I am expecting a good warranty support for atleast one year.
If you get your Viofo from a decent USA dealer such as @CaptureYourAction then you will get the good one year warranty support, with somewhat slower factory support as a backup, so no need to worry there.

As to which is the best camera, well I've only used the Viofo so I can't judge, but they both are listed in
https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2019/
so they are probably both good choices!

The sensors and processor are similar so there is not going to be a huge difference in image quality, but if you are looking for ultimate image quality then the support for modded-high bitrate firmware seems greater for the Viofo.
And there seem to be a few options only available on the Viofo such as buffered parking mode.

Neither would be a bad choice. Where I think the major difference lies is that with SG you're probably going to get a better build quality and thus a longer-lasting cam. Plus their CS is unbeatable. The average dashcam user might be better off with SG. The A129 will be more interesting for those who enjoy trying different things with their cam or for those who want to be able to more closely fine-tune their cam to their particular situation.

Phil

Yeah, Just observed that StreetGuard is using seperate GPS module which needs to mounted at some location whereas VIOFO is using it as a camera mount which is offering better compactness and less wires.

Thank you all I will go with VIOFO A129 DUO from Amazon.

(y)

Older housing and buttons that don't light up but wires on top in my opinion is a better design.

Yeah, Just observed that StreetGuard is using seperate GPS module which needs to mounted at some location whereas VIOFO is using it as a camera mount which is offering better compactness and less wires.

Thank you all I will go with VIOFO A129 DUO from Amazon.
Welcome to DCT and enjoy your camera. You will find a lot of great support on this forum @saiko21 :)

Back