Viofo A129 Plus Duo and HK3 in Dacia Logan III

DonMartinos

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello
I'm going to connect Viofo A129 Plus Duo using HK3 adapter to the fuse box in Dacia Logan III.
I found fuses i'll use, trailer (red) and lighter (yellow)

One of them is empty slot (trailer - marked red), can I connect to it fuse tap with only one fuse just for dashcam?
I am not an electrician, but looking at the diagram from this post ( https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/which-side-of-a-fuse-is-hot-vs-cold.30136/post-353585 ), it seems to me that if I will connect it correctly (position A on diagram), it will work, and if I do it the other way, it will just not work.

Hello
I'm going to connect Viofo A129 Plus Duo using HK3 adapter to the fuse box in Dacia Logan III.
I found fuses i'll use, trailer (red) and lighter (yellow)

One of them is empty slot (trailer - marked red), can I connect to it fuse tap with only one fuse just for dashcam?
I am not an electrician, but looking at the diagram from this post ( https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/which-side-of-a-fuse-is-hot-vs-cold.30136/post-353585 ), it seems to me that if I will connect it correctly (position A on diagram), it will work, and if I do it the other way, it will just not work.
Yes that is correct, I assume you have checked physically at the fuse that it has a connector and that 12V is present there? Also that the lighter one loses its voltage when the ignition is turned off?

Everything is working fine. After turning on ignition, camera turns on, turning off ignitnion activates parking mode.

I assume you have checked physically at the fuse that it has a connector and that 12V is present there?
Yes but I was concerned that the socket for trailer might lose voltage after 30 minutes, but after hour it stil works.

Also that the lighter one loses its voltage when the ignition is turned off?
yes, immediately.

I also soldered a switch into red wire to be able to quickly turn off dahscam when i dont need record.

Back