VIOFO A129 Plus Duo + BlackboxMyCar BI-750 battery: does it drain my actual car battery?

Dashcam.noob

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all- i installed VIOFO A129 Plus Duo dashcam last year with BI-750 battery to my car last year.

Last month, when I come back from a week-long holiday.. my car wouldn’t start. Brought it to my dealership and they told me my battery was dead, my car was only 1.5 years old.

This morning, my car wouldn’t start again after changing the car battery in less than a month ago. Similarly I left my car in the garage for a week long holiday.

Question:does my dashcam actually cause the issue of my car battery draining despite having - separate battery for the dashcam itself? I am not too familiar with this and obviously is my first time owning a dashcam but never encounter this issue for the one year i own this dashcam until recently.

Thanks in advance and appreciate the input!

1. How are you connecting the BI-750 to the fuse box? Are you sure that you are using an ACC fuse and not a permanent fuse?
2. How much time was the car parked?
3. How many hours were recorded on the card when car was parked?
Maybe @BlackboxMyCar will give you more advices.

Yea- i am trying to wait for BlackboxMyCar support team to get back to me. It seems like they’re off until Wednesday. To answer your questions:

1. I got this installed by the auto shop near me. Is there a way to check since i am not too familiar. Although we unplug the battery pack from all cables already last night

2. I went for my trip for a week. So it was parked for a week at least when it happened back in early Dec and again during end Dec

3.i haven’t checked this yet so let me check on this later.

I am still trying to figure out how to set the low voltage cut off :(

Is there a charging indication on the BI-750? If so, then you can look at the indicator when the car is off to see if it's still charging. Otherwise, you'll need to trace the cable, see what fuse it's going to, and use a multimeter to see if the fuse has voltage when the car is turned off.

Back