Viofo A129 Plus Duo does not power on/start in my car.

How many fuse taps and 3amper fuse taps do I need?

you need two taps and two fuses, the fuses are for the camera, the other slot in each tap will take the original fuse that you remove to replace with the tap, you probably won't get 3A fuses, 5A is fine

Autozone guy looked in to my car reluctantly and showed me this. He tells me he is still not sure what size it is . Asks me to pull one from my fox box and check if it has the shaper thing sticking out or not. This one has 2 3 4 5 7 amps inside . I see the numbers

Attachments

• 87BAF3E8-DDBC-4989-91BF-79EBFEAB9EEF.jpeg
    87BAF3E8-DDBC-4989-91BF-79EBFEAB9EEF.jpeg
    366.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 6EB1EDAF-3579-497E-B835-4A7136C921CB.jpeg
    6EB1EDAF-3579-497E-B835-4A7136C921CB.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 52C62ADC-4F9F-41C9-9AB3-D336B79C2B0E.jpeg
    52C62ADC-4F9F-41C9-9AB3-D336B79C2B0E.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I took a picture in my fuse box. What 3m fuse do I need from the store ?

Attachments

• C5620C4D-CF43-412C-BAEB-7C9921CA3DD2.jpeg
    C5620C4D-CF43-412C-BAEB-7C9921CA3DD2.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 6BA6A801-6B60-4537-AEF2-855278412517.jpeg
    6BA6A801-6B60-4537-AEF2-855278412517.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 13
doesn't matter which one you pull to check, sizes are all the same
Too small to be able to pull out with fingers . If you read the numbers on them they are all different .

Attachments

• C7959926-8409-4531-867E-E50E64489D47.jpeg
    C7959926-8409-4531-867E-E50E64489D47.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 10
in most cars there's a small plastic tool for removing the fuses somewhere nearby, back of the fuse panel cover maybe

Attachments

• 05E68336-CE69-4370-89D3-8B03AA813B8C.jpeg
    05E68336-CE69-4370-89D3-8B03AA813B8C.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 3853C4B3-0C0C-44FD-BD5A-8804A8EDFB27.jpeg
    3853C4B3-0C0C-44FD-BD5A-8804A8EDFB27.jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 15
Until today, I have not met with such an explanation and understanding in any subject.
I cannot understand when there is a situation that can be solved with a few youtube videos and the information available.

There is an effort to teach an unskilled electrician his job ..

Please see the pdf file in the link I shared and I hope you can install it as soon as possible.

Too small to be able to pull out with fingers . If you read the numbers on them they are all different .
Just use some pliers or a pair of tweezers or something then. If you look at them though they are almost certainly the ones on the picture in the store.
I suspect this will fall on deaf ears but they all have different numbers because that is the amperage rating of the fuse, it shows how much current can flow in the circuit before it blows the fuse. Smaller less power hungry devices require smaller fuses.

You have posted a few images that include the HK3, but none of them show how it is connected, the cables are off the side of the image!
Can you post an image showing where the HK3 cables go?

Maybe it has already been connected properly by professionals, and there is no need to change things, but we can't see...

In my fuse box there is a fuse extraction tool together with a selection of spare fuses that are easy to look at since they are not inserted into any sockets.

If you are removing a fuse, make sure you remember where to put it back!

Your pack of fuses has both a 5A and a 3A, they will do fine, the 5A for the BATT cable and the 3A for the ACC cable.

@smithdean these are better pictures of the fuse box. Just remember which fuse you take out and don't try to start the car with that fuse out.
Which Hyundai did you have btw??

once you sort this out, you may want to work out what the rust like color is at the top left corner of the photos, might be a bit of leakage from the drain pipes of the windscreen washers.

you may want to work out what the rust like color is at the top left corner of the photos,
Looks like a piece of steel, "rust" is the colour of steel when you don't live in a desert!

Judging by the look of the top of the fuses ( they also differ there it seem by jokiins picture ) then it look to be micro 2 fuses.
Only other fuse that seem to have the same almost square hole size, and that rounding molded at the corners are the micro 3 type, but it have 3 holes.
The regular mini ATO also have that rounding molded near the corners but then it have much narrower holes in it, so my money are on the micro 2 style fuses.
The windy city seem to always have had its own set of unique things to deal with :) aside for massive snow storms blowing in from the lake.

There was no tool in my car to pull fuses,,,, which granted are strange as these little SOB's car seated pretty damn good, so i usually use a needle nosed pliers, which you of course have to be careful with so you dont crush the fuse plastic.

Guys! My dashcam stopped powering again after just 2 days of second visit to the installer 25 miles away from me. Nothing wrong with anything except for the hardwire power cable not powering on my camera . Poor installation is the same thing . As I mentioned it was not hardwired using fuse taps or 3amp. This is turning out to be too much hassle and and not good for my blood pressure . I will try and. ask for refund of the installation cost from them. My only question today is the hardwire kit is tucked above and in my fuse box . Will the next installer able to remove it and reuse it ? Or my hardwire kit is used and it is a trash? I can’t take it out . Thanks

Last edited:
Guys! My dashcam stopped powering again after just 2 days of second visit to the installer 25 miles away from me. Nothing wrong with anything except for the hardwire power cable not powering on my camera . Poor installation is the same thing . As I mentioned it was not hardwired using fuse taps or 3amp. This is turning out to be too much hassle and and not good for my blood pressure . I will try and. ask for refund of the installation cost from them. My only question today is the hardwire kit is tucked above and in my fuse box . Will the next installer able to remove it and reuse it ? Or my hardwire kit is used and it is a trash? I can’t take it out . Thanks
Simple test, do the led lights light up on the hardwire kit?
Look in your fuse box and follow the wire from the hardwire kit that has the red, yellow and black wires, try to trace the wires back to where the installer has fitted them and take a good picture of them and how they are connected to the cars wires.

Back