Viofo A129 Plus Duo froze...

If you order a Samsung online I recommend buying straight from Samsung. Even Amazon sells counterfeits.

MLC cards are better in some ways, but cost and size limitations must be considered in comparison. Costs have come down but size limitations remain. They are not an absolute necessity for dashcams yet, though I see that day approaching as we keep adding channels and processors handle more data faster than before. Their main advantage is currently longer card life for a given size but few are warrantied for dashcam use so you really have no guarantee of that.

Buying cards from Amazon is safe as long as it is sold by (fulfilled by) Amazon AND shipped by Amazon. Both conditions must be met. Samsung and some other card manufacturers have official stores on Amazon and it is safe to order from them as well, just be sure the seller hasn't been switched in the check-out process before confirming the buy. Doing it any other way on Amazon isn't safe and should be avoided. All but one of around ten cards I've bought over the years have come from Amazon using this method and I've had zero fakes.

Those who have reported fakes from Amazon didn't follow this exact recommended process or got caught in Amazon's preferred seller store-switching process and didn't realize it when they checked out. You can't be too careful as the world is full of fakes :(

Phil

Back