Viofo a129 plus duo problem

yasinatalay

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello.

My Viofo A129 Duo car camera switches to self-parking mode while driving.
An exclamation mark appears on the screen.

He records when he wants to, when he does not want to.
Some days he makes a recording.

The car was used on 27.01.2021 and 29.01.2021, but unfortunately there is no registration.

On January 30, at 08.28 in the morning, it opened itself and recorded without any problems.

Does anyone know where my problem is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210131-131757.png
    Screenshot_20210131-131757.png
    451.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20210131-131806.png
    Screenshot_20210131-131806.png
    385.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210131-131827.png
    Screenshot_20210131-131827.png
    611.7 KB · Views: 21
If you can:
1. Switch off the camera and take the card out of the camera.
2. Format the card in a computer
3. Download the firmware /software from Viofo to the card.
4. Place the card back in the camera.
5. Switch the camera on.
Let us know what happens. ☺️

He cant do that if the care are larger than 32GB cuz then the computer will format the card to exfat, and so the first thing the camera will do is format the card to FAT32 ( with the new firmware file on it )
He can use whatever smaller memory card, actually i pretty much only use old 8 and 16 GB cards for firmware updates.

If you can:
1. Switch off the camera and take the card out of the camera.
2. Format the card in a computer
3. Download the firmware /software from Viofo to the card.
4. Place the card back in the camera.
5. Switch the camera on.
Let us know what happens. ☺️
I am using a 128gb samsung evo plus u3 card. When formatting on the computer only exfat comes out would be a problem?

last software 10 days ago i made front camera v1.4 rear camera v1.3

I used 8gb toshiba card for fat23 format while installing the software.

I will still try what you said tomorrow, I hope my problem is solved.

Thanks you.

Attachments

• 20210122_192620.jpg
    20210122_192620.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
I am using a 128gb samsung evo plus u3 card. When formatting on the computer only exfat comes out would be a problem?
In some cams EXFAT does not work for FW upgrades, so best to use fat32 instead. Windows will not do this on cards larger than 32GB but lots of freeware will. Generally best to start with "SDformatter" and do a full overwrite- this will reset the card to factory specs and test it for bad sectors. Then use something like Fat32 Formatter freeware to change the card to fat32. After that load the FW ro the card and install.

Also note that sometimes larger cards (above 32GB) won't load FW in some cams even when using fat32, and the bigger the card the more likely you will encounter this. Most will work with 64GB and many will work with 128GB but use a smaller card if you have one.

Phil

In some cams EXFAT does not work for FW upgrades, so best to use fat32 instead. Windows will not do this on cards larger than 32GB but lots of freeware will. Generally best to start with "SDformatter" and do a full overwrite- this will reset the card to factory specs and test it for bad sectors. Then use something like Fat32 Formatter freeware to change the card to fat32. After that load the FW ro the card and install.

Also note that sometimes larger cards (above 32GB) won't load FW in some cams even when using fat32, and the bigger the card the more likely you will encounter this. Most will work with 64GB and many will work with 128GB but use a smaller card if you have one.

Phil
Thank you.
I did not have any problems with software, my only problem is the things I mentioned in

I still haven't solved this problem. Viofo tells me to set the g-sensor to low setting but it's already on low setting. Even with the G-sensor on high setting, the road is fine

While driving on a straight road, the exclamation and sound are heard and then fast recording starts. In this situation I was bored.
Nobody can fix the problem, including viofo.

Are you sure the camera is properly fixed into the mount?
Are you using the HK3? If yes, can you check the connections, including the GND? Are you sure the fuses are you using are the correct ones? For me it is like at some moment the ACC wire from HK3 is losing the power and because of this the camera is entering into the parking mode. I am almost sure the problem is from the camera power not from the camera.
Turn off G-Sensor until you will solve the problem.

Are you sure the camera is properly fixed into the mount?
Are you using the HK3? If yes, can you check the connections, including the GND? Are you sure the fuses are you using are the correct ones? For me it is like at some moment the ACC wire from HK3 is losing the power and because of this the camera is entering into the parking mode. I am almost sure the problem is from the camera power not from the camera.
Turn off G-Sensor until you will solve the problem.
Probably from cables but can't figure out where.

Attachments

• 20210220_115556.jpg
    20210220_115556.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210220_115634.jpg
    20210220_115634.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 14
Continuous energy red cables connected to quads.

The yellow cable is attached to the windows.

Attachments

• 20210220_115644.jpg
    20210220_115644.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 7
Try to put the ACC wire to another non-permanent fuse. On the ACC fuse tap do you have 2 fuses or just one?
Check also the BAT wire because from pictures it appears almost cut near the blue part of the fuse tap.

Try to put the ACC wire to another non-permanent fuse. On the ACC fuse tap do you have 2 fuses or just one?
Check also the BAT wire because from pictures it appears almost cut near the blue part of the fuse tap.

I could not find any other place to connect the BAT cable.
I wrapped the cable in there, I know it doesn't look very good.

I'm thinking of extending the cable and connecting it to the seat iron by adding the Bat cable.

I'll try by inserting the ACC cable into one of the right-left headlights 13 or 12. Thanks

Connected the ACC cable to the right headlight # 13.

Whenever I change the cable or remove and insert the memory card, the camera is having trouble switching to parking mode. I'm afraid to take out the memory card now.

Phil

I think it is best to format the card in the camera then download the firmware, don't you think so?

Back