Viofo A129 plus not recording

Macadacious

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just got this dashcam last week, upgraded from a kingslim 4k, installation was easy and fornatted the card when i turned it on. So far it seems good, except today a week later after work(today), I decided to check out the recordings for fun to see how they look. Plugged the card into adapter, then into my laptop. The folder showed up and these were the files on it. Why are they all small files that wont play? When i open any of the clips it just flashes for a second and goes blank like the videos are 0:00 long.viofo~01.jpg

What brand and model memory card?

How are you powering the Camera?

What brand and model memory card?

How are you powering the Camera?
Its a sandisk 64gb i cant remember which model ill have to check when i get off work. Powering it by the cig lighter cable. Will hardwire it soon just waiting on the tap a fuse thing and other cable to come in mail

SanDisk Ultra cards, if that's what your using, can cause the behavior your seeing.

I use the SanDisk High Endurance card without issue in the A129 Plus DUO. Some of the newer Viofo cameras (A229, A119 Mini) don't like this card apparently though. The Samsung Pro Endurance is good as well. If you want to play it safe, you can stick with Viofo recommended cards, see below.

I use the SanDisk High Endurance card without issue in the A129 Plus DUO. Some of the newer Viofo cameras (A229, A119 Mini) don't like this card apparently though. The Samsung Pro Endurance is good as well. If you want to play it safe, you can stick with Viofo recommended cards, see below.

Ah okay awesome, that's wierd they don't. I'll look into them. On thier site the recommended one is SanDisk extreme, this one is SanDisk extreme plus, would it work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927-212655.png
    Screenshot_20220927-212655.png
    665.3 KB · Views: 2
I personally bougth Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB. Before I was using cheap Goodram 64GB and it worked as well without issues, but 64GB card cannot hold too much video material, that's why I replaced it with maximum supported capacity, and Samsung SD card also works fine.

Did you format your card using Viofo device or using some external device like PC ?
Also what amount of time did you set for time loop recording? 1/2/3/5 or 10 minutes? I personally use 3 minutes per video clip.

Thats the same one i got but 128gb cause it was on sale for $50, exactly the smaller cards were nice but erased alot of footage to record new ones. I formatted it through the viofo device, and i set it for 5 mins loop time on highest possible settings. Currently using my old dash cam waiting for fuse taps to hardwire the viofo.

Back