Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

Does it use the same power connector and base plate as the A129?
Yes, although it is an updated one so that the parking mode works when plugged into the mount, and the GPS doesn't appear to work if you mount it on an old A129 Duo mount.

Exactly! Especially to low for city environments.
It is very close to the A129 Duo FOV, and people have not been objecting to that, why the sudden dissatisfaction?
The A119 V3 is narrower, but has been well received by many posters...
It can see the bottom of both A pillars on my car, I don't consider it narrow.

The app just got updated to add support

Also, if I have the A129 Duo can I just put this into the mount and have it work? Or do i have to pry off the old mount? And is the rear camera the same is does that need to be rewired and updated?

The app just got updated to add support

Also, if I have the A129 Duo can I just put this into the mount and have it work? Or do i have to pry off the old mount? And is the rear camera the same is does that need to be rewired and updated?
A129 Duo rear camera works fine with it, the old mount can be used but currently it doesn't pick up the GPS info from the old mount.

A129 Duo rear camera works fine with it, the old mount can be used but currently it doesn't pick up the GPS info from the old mount.
When I first tested the A129 Pro, I put it on my existing A129 Duo mount. The camera worked but I had issues with the GPS which 'I think' were related to the mount. I will check it again to be sure.

When I first tested the A129 Pro, I put it on my existing A129 Duo mount. The camera worked but I had issues with the GPS which 'I think' were related to the mount. I will check it again to be sure.

Thats good that the mount can work and power the camera fine and even have the old rear cam work without issue. This means that all the A129 Duo owners have an easy upgrade path. I hope the GPS issues can be fixed in firmware since the camera is still in testing.

Thats good that the mount can work and power the camera fine and even have the old rear cam work without issue. This means that all the A129 Duo owners have an easy upgrade path. I hope the GPS issues can be fixed in firmware since the camera is still in testing.
It might be different GPS hardware to suit the different processor in the Pro.

@viofo Can you confirm whether the A129 Pro will be fully compatible with the A129 Duo GPS mount?

Went out again tonight - the visibility is very good for a 4K sensor...

My blacks seem lighter than Tony's - though this could be any number of causes - ambient light differences where we are in our towns/cities or even the slope of the windscreen.

My windscreen does need a good clean though - a task for the weekend...

My blacks seem lighter than Tony's - though this could be any number of causes - ambient light differences where we are in our towns/cities or even the slope of the windscreen.

My windscreen does need a good clean though - a task for the weekend...
Think that may be down to the reflections and dirt lightening the image, I noticed a similar effect on my rear camera.

Another useful snippet of info, is the remote button which captured emergency events on the A129 Duo, also works with the new A129 Pro. Simply press the button for 3 seconds to pair the remote button with the camera.

yeah unfortunately your windscreen is typical of a lot of users from the videos we see

Ive used all sorts in the past to clean it...

Soap and water, vinegar, Invisible Glass, Windolene...

There's loads of products and videos about doing the cleaning out there.

They all do a job, but there must be one thing that does it better than the rest... But suggestions would polarise opinions...

Thanks for posting all this great info!
With the information of 59 mbps for front and 15 for the back
With my calculations - 59+ 15 mbps = 74 mbps
74mbps * 1mbps/8MBps= 9.25 megabytes/second recording
9.25 megabytes/second * 60seconds/1minute = 555 Megabytes per minute
Calculations for size vs time recorded would be - X GB*1024/555
so a 64 GB would = about 118 minutes
128 GB
= about 236 minutes
256 GB
= about 472 minutes

Just thought I'd share for anyone looking to see what kind of micros sd card size to buy.
If anyone sees any errors, please let me know so I can edit!

...With my calculations - 59+ 15 mbps = 74 mbps...
I think I've had it up to 85Mb/s, don't know what it will be at release, but you really don't need maximum bitrate for recording accident footage, the plates still get captured at much less, and it does have H265 available which can help as long as you are not under trees and going fast.

For those that might not have seen this on DCT.
Ooo that's good to know.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm fairly new here.
Thank you!!

I think I've had it up to 85Mb/s, don't know what it will be at release, but you really don't need maximum bitrate for recording accident footage, the plates still get captured at much less, and it does have H265 available which can help as long as you are not under trees and going fast.
Is that with factory firmware? Or did you have to do some custom flashing to get it that high?
Thanks for that as well. Good to know what the device can handle!

Back