Viofo A129 Pro Dual Dashcam - 4K Front + 1080 Rear

How are you after driving 1500 miles straight?!
62.5 MPH average, including breaks and fuel stops would be quite an achievement here!

1500 miles straight
I once drove from the northern Sweden, and home in one go, only pause for fuel stop and peeing & smoking weed plus a 4 hour ferry ride.
Just 1600 KM but that's just shy of 1000 miles, my drive was around 20 hours, but google maps say it can be done in 18,,,, but potheads are not that fast,,,, at least not "responsible" potheads :)
1500 miles got to be close to a full day of driving, and at fairly high speeds.

Not to mention that our island is shorter than 1500 miles!
True, the longest journey I've made here was half of that, and it took me 3 days, started on the south coast and included the ferry to the Orkney Isles to the north of our island, which went at nowhere near 62 MPH!

My longest journey was 3200km in 2 days.I slept the night between for 7 hours in Germany..

I remember "the hamster" and "captain slow" racing a letter with the royal mail from the south to the north, but cant remember how long that drive was.

I remember "the hamster" and "captain slow" racing a letter with the royal mail from the south to the north, but cant remember how long that drive was.
They started in the Scilly Isles off the south west tip of UK, and ended in Orkney only a few miles from where I finished, about 790 miles, including the two boat journeys. The letter would have arrived next day, probably less than 24 hours, don't remember how long they took, but the letter won.

Basically drove from Phoenix to Seattle. I did fuel up a few times but the camera stayed "running" because of the earlier firmware issue. I didn't want to keep unplugging/replugging it back in and loosen the connection. It was pretty much a straight drive.

Reactions: Mtz
Such long drives would make for awsome time lapse / hyper lapse footage i recon.
My long drive was back around 2000 so no dashcams for me back then, but did have the Sony HI8 camcorder and a SLR camera with me + a lot of fishing gear.
On the way up we did sleep for 4 hours or so, in a rest spot under the cars / a tarp as it was daytime and sunny, but a in camp dispute made the 2 cars split up so when i drove home with the reason for the split as passenger it was one long drive.

A129 Pro 4K - Sunset - EV0 - CPL off

y4mAXWcsFXbBXwg-15uI1OUdMTIZXF9qMgT4PWq6URDlMJdkyLySB2LpZbbweS4Pp7kTJOaUqZHv0UKDtuY7IEYwxLJcY8Tdfad-xENyHFDA94bgyATt1w2iWeaaM2zLEsf0fANoncEDhZ9z7uMmY6tWCwPYw7Q28Xrtb_QKtsdWBXFt6nq6T-ag3AUUZjSIhhmgJatTLCiPqt0XaImrBqtLQ

y4mZ0r7RLuG4HJqjiLo5Cb9ANqTHwHlHM4KYEQvTV5XppH7Zhyc4AL1EN5rrmr1XvWD35MQtsuWCq_7XOlqc3DFXgua5wMHihmEzL2i1ZWZulyEaT_ripJglG2uILw3kcAb7sA7BACE2oFP4mLambp2syK13RRVyo8L0dTWISrjsz0416hggzTU2AreFylTI3tJzDfbPOZ3Qqisk8sFnZw42g

Last edited:
Good exposure on the setting sun area.

A129 Pro 4K - Sunset - EV0 - CPL off
We've had some nice colourful sunsets this last week, here was one from not too far from you the night before as I made my way back up the A1.

That was at EV set to -1 on the 0916 firmware - I just got up to 0920 today after a few days away for an audit and now it's time for a beer (y)

I take it the A129 Pro is not available for preorder to United States, since VIOFO website says no carrier available.

Anyone @viofo know when we can buy A129 Pro in the States?

The amazon com and ca listings should be live next week. Direct Preorders are now open on our ocdtronic site.

717195856bea80ad38d6b8912f0d0485.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all, I was debating between A129 Pro and the SG9663DCPRO, but decided to go for the 4K based on the samples posted here.

when and where will these be available in the uk and is there any plans for a waterproof rear cam for van drivers?

Back