VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K Including Day and Night footage

Nice video, I've been watching too much 2K dashcam video, makes the Viofo A129 Pro look really good!

When you are buying a car, make sure it has a black dash that doesn't reflect in the glass, makes the dashcam footage better and also helps your eyes when driving.

For the A129 Pro I recommend putting the horizon dead center of the image, you have a little more sky than ideal. It affects the exposure, and also reduces the fisheye effect on buildings and lamp poles.

For the WDR, off is better for making movies, bit questionable for evidence capture.

So after buying 3 cheap dashcams and not being really happy
Yes, there is a big difference between cheap and the best, and the A129 Pro is one of the best, if not the best for image quality.

Nice video, I've been watching too much 2K dashcam video, makes the Viofo A129 Pro look really good!

When you are buying a car, make sure it has a black dash that doesn't reflect in the glass, makes the dashcam footage better and also helps your eyes when driving.

For the A129 Pro I recommend putting the horizon dead center of the image, you have a little more sky than ideal. It affects the exposure, and also reduces the fisheye effect on buildings and lamp poles.

For the WDR, off is better for making movies, bit questionable for evidence capture.

Yes, there is a big difference between cheap and the best, and the A129 Pro is one of the best, if not the best for image quality.
Good advice, I tend to like the WDR off, I also have a video that I show the difference with and without the Polarizing filter for the camera. I would recommend getting the filter because it cuts down on reflections and it seems to make the colors more vivid.

Here is the video of the polarizing filter.
VIOFO Polarizing filter

Last edited:
I would recommend getting the filter because it cuts down on reflections and it seems to make the colors more vivid.
It does depend on the vehicle, some don't have much in the way of dash reflections, especially ones with more vertical windscreens and better designed dashboards. In a good vehicle, unless you are making movies you are better off without the filter since it does increase motion blur at night.

I gotta ask.. so my american brothers, these videos i see i hear the seatbelt warning all the time. So question is :
1. are my american brothers too fat to put seatbelts on.
or
2. too lazy to put seatbelts on.

Accidents happen anytime anywhere.. so please put the darn belt on before you put car in drive ..

fyi video looks darker with filter so at night it might be an issue ?

I gotta ask.. so my american brothers, these videos i see i hear the seatbelt warning all the time. So question is :
1. are my american brothers too fat to put seatbelts on.
or
2. too lazy to put seatbelts on.

Accidents happen anytime anywhere.. so please put the darn belt on before you put car in drive ..

fyi video looks darker with filter so at night it might be an issue ?
To my Canadian brother, Thank you for your concern for my safety but you must have left out at least one other possibility. I am 5'10" 175lbs so I don't think being fat is the issue, I don't consider myself lazy seeing that I work out everyday so I don't think that is it. What it might be and most likely the actual reason is I have shoulder impingements which cause me pain when I reach around (Not the kind of reach around you are thinking) so most of the time I don't buckle up even though I do realize it is safer to be buckled up.

As far as the video being darker with the filter, this video in this thread did not have the filter on at all. I do have another video where I install the filter and show a before and after and I did not really see much difference with or without the filter whether day or night except for less glare.

Last edited:
I m 6'2" and wish i was just 175, but i am at least 240 lbs / 110 Kilos and they are not spread out even i am sad to say.
Funny thing up until 10 years ago i was pretty skinny, and going back just a little further i was horrible skinny, absolutely NOT able to gain weight.

I m 6'2" and wish i was just 175, but i am at least 240 lbs / 110 Kilos and they are not spread out even i am sad to say.
Funny thing up until 10 years ago i was pretty skinny, and going back just a little further i was horrible skinny, absolutely NOT able to gain weight.
I hear you same here the weird places fat will find places to grow lol.

But injury or no injury try to be safe out there lots of idiots on road these days. I suffer from covid arm now the Dr who did the shot went in wrong place so I hear you about the pain. But even if I am just moving vehicle to the road to park from driveway I put seatbelt on. I feel naked if belt not on. It's weird...
The second half of video you put the filter on correct ? It seems less glare and also less bright ? Night be good to compare. Please this time put the belt on that ding about belt is annoying too btw in the clip lol.

even if I am just moving vehicle to the road to park from driveway I put seatbelt on. I feel naked if belt not on. It's weird...
Me too. After being in the crash I described in another thread where the seat belt positively and singly saved my life, I feel the same way without it.

At this time I don't think there's any better 2-channel cam than the Pro Duo for vid quality, which has become the hallmark virtue of Viofo cams (y)

Phil

For as long as I can recall I do not move 2 feet in my car without seatbelt
It has been so long I feel weird without it
BE SAFE

Back