Viofo A129 Pro Duo parking mode not working

ziludood

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've recently purchased a A129 Pro duo dash cam for my 2020 civic and can't get the parking mode working. I installed the HK3 hardwire kit. The red wire is connected to my moon roof fuse which gets constant power and the yellow to my accesory slot.

The camera is constantly on regardless of ignition or mode. I set the parking mode to 5fps time lapse but when I go to turn the car off, it's still recording at 4k 30p. Is this normal behavior? I tried connecting just the battery cable and it stays recording in drive mode even If I have parking mode set to auto event detection. I would assume it should start in parking mode since there is no signal from the ACC wire. Correct me if I am wrong.

If I turn the parking mode off entirely it is still on and recording when I shut the car off. I know I used the right fuse slot since when I connect the red wire to the accessory fuse, it turns off and on based on the ignition.

You need to wait a few minutes I think before it goes into parking mode as far as i know.

I would assume it should start in parking mode since there is no signal from the ACC wire. Correct me if I am wrong.
With zero voltage on the ACC wire, it starts up in normal mode, needs the ACC turned on and then off again to enter parking mode.
Have you checked that your ACC input is actually going on and off? Some ACC fuses do not turn off and some turn off after eg 10 minutes.
If you use it without the HK3 then it should enter parking mode after 3 or 5 minutes.

With zero voltage on the ACC wire, it starts up in normal mode, needs the ACC turned on and then off again to enter parking mode.
Have you checked that your ACC input is actually going on and off? Some ACC fuses do not turn off and some turn off after eg 10 minutes.
If you use it without the HK3 then it should enter parking mode after 3 or 5 minutes.

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense. I've made sure the ACC fuse is working by connecting the HK3 battery wire to it. It turns on the camera when the car goes into accesorry mode and turns off the camera when the car is off. This happens instantly without any delay.

I think you need to wait unless it hasn’t been setup properly on the cam itself.

I think you need to wait unless it hasn’t been setup properly on the cam itself.
I comtacted Viofo support and they said that if the camera does not detect the ACC wire it will automatically go into parking mode within 3 to 5 minutes. This indicates either an issue with the HK3 wire or the camera itself, since I have the ACC wire hooked up properly. I tested this by plugging the battery wire to the accesory fuse and it boots/shuts down with the ignition. I ordered another HK3 wire and will see if that fixes the issue.

I am happy to report the issue is resolved! It turns out to be the HK3 hardwire kit from amazon. I bought another one to try out and parking mode works! It also doesn't boot the camera when you plug in the usb cable. Buyers be aware though, there are two sellers selling what appears to be the same kit, however one or them does not support the PRO camera. Im not sure how this but the one doesnt state suppport for A129 Pro. Only the 1080P version and the A119V3. It could also just be a faulty wire. Hard to tell.

I am happy to report the issue is resolved! It turns out to be the HK3 hardwire kit from amazon. I bought another one to try out and parking mode works! It also doesn't boot the camera when you plug in the usb cable. Buyers be aware though, there are two sellers selling what appears to be the same kit, however one or them does not support the PRO camera. Im not sure how this but the one doesnt state suppport for A129 Pro. Only the 1080P version and the A119V3. It could also just be a faulty wire. Hard to tell.
They are all the same at this point. Most likely their listing isn’t updated to include the A129 Pro yet, but they should all support the Pro. You Probably just received a dud unfortunately.

Hi everyone, I came to this forum because I was having a similar issue: I installed the 3-wire hardwire kit in my 2020 Honda Clarity; I finally found out what I was doing wrong and hope my solution can help someone else here. At first, I thought it was a problem with me trying to install it in a hybrid vehicle... but had nothing to do with it, this car has a standard 12v and traditional fused circuit box for the gas engine and internal electronics much like traditional ICE cars, except with a few extra slots for the hybrid drive train and associated electronics (It's worth repeating: do NOT tap any fuses that are critical to the functioning of your vehicle or its safety systems)

Description of problem: the camera would never switch from continuous record mode (drive mode) over to parking mode (motion activated). All the settings in the menus were are recommended in multiple other forums and I went through my entire wiring harness with a voltmeter to make sure there were no loose connections. I discovered the fuse I tapped for a cigarette lighter on the center console was still feeding 12v even when the car was off even though I tested the cigarette lighter with a USB phone charger to confirm no current was flowing through it... I was ready to pull my hair out not understanding how this could be.

Here was my mistake: I was running under the assumption that the fuse marked "CTR ACC SOCKET" (position 10 - 20A) was switched because when the car turned off, the cigarette lighter would also turn off. This is wrong -- the power being fed to this circuit is always on, however, there is a relay between the continuous power feed through this fuse and the actual cigarette lighter marked "ACC" (position 1 - 7.5A). This ACC relay also controls all other circuits that are "off" when the vehicle is off.

Bottom line -- just because a device/accessory powers off when the car is off, does not mean the circuit that feeds it is off. There may be a circuit that sits on top of this "always-on" circuit to switch power off to the device when the car is off -- look for this circuit's fuse to feed your yellow wire instead and your camera should get the "signal" to switch over to parking mode when the car is off (assuming your red wire is hooked to a proper "always-on" fuse").

Hi everyone, I came to this forum because I was having a similar issue: I installed the 3-wire hardwire kit in my 2020 Honda Clarity; I finally found out what I was doing wrong and hope my solution can help someone else here. At first, I thought it was a problem with me trying to install it in a hybrid vehicle... but had nothing to do with it, this car has a standard 12v and traditional fused circuit box for the gas engine and internal electronics much like traditional ICE cars, except with a few extra slots for the hybrid drive train and associated electronics (It's worth repeating: do NOT tap any fuses that are critical to the functioning of your vehicle or its safety systems)

Description of problem: the camera would never switch from continuous record mode (drive mode) over to parking mode (motion activated). All the settings in the menus were are recommended in multiple other forums and I went through my entire wiring harness with a voltmeter to make sure there were no loose connections. I discovered the fuse I tapped for a cigarette lighter on the center console was still feeding 12v even when the car was off even though I tested the cigarette lighter with a USB phone charger to confirm no current was flowing through it... I was ready to pull my hair out not understanding how this could be.

Here was my mistake: I was running under the assumption that the fuse marked "CTR ACC SOCKET" (position 10 - 20A) was switched because when the car turned off, the cigarette lighter would also turn off. This is wrong -- the power being fed to this circuit is always on, however, there is a relay between the continuous power feed through this fuse and the actual cigarette lighter marked "ACC" (position 1 - 7.5A). This ACC relay also controls all other circuits that are "off" when the vehicle is off.

Bottom line -- just because a device/accessory powers off when the car is off, does not mean the circuit that feeds it is off. There may be a circuit that sits on top of this "always-on" circuit to switch power off to the device when the car is off -- look for this circuit's fuse to feed your yellow wire instead and your camera should get the "signal" to switch over to parking mode when the car is off (assuming your red wire is hooked to a proper "always-on" fuse").
Thank you very much for sharing this information! I was having the same problem and your observations put me onto the right track for a solution - I wound up using an "add a circuit" wire with the "windshield wiper" fuse location and now (for the first time since I've been using my Viofo A129 Pro Duo) I have some actual "parking" videos!!!

Back