Viofo A129 Pro Duo - Sudden "No GPS" Issue

JB-007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally after I had my bad spliced cable replaced, and all was working great; Suddenly, on my new Viofo A129 Pro Duo, the GPS stopped working. It was working fine yesterday and I did not do anything different. Now I have a constant "No GPS" on the screen. I tried reset of camera to default, re-formatted the SD, Checked all cables and connections, and I re-started the camera and still I get a persistent "No GPS" on the screen and the GPS is not working..

Any assistance in what I should try next? Thank you

Are you powering through the mount or into the cam? If the mount, try powering through the cam and see if that works.

Phil

Are you powering through the mount or into the cam? If the mount, try powering through the cam and see if that works.

Phil
I Power directly to the camera

Probably the GPS has failed. Try powering through the mount and if you get the same results it's almost certainly going to be the GPS. Won't hurt to have a look at the contacts between the two pieces but can't say I've ever heard of a problem with them since the earliest A119 and the contact redesign.

Phil

Probably the GPS has failed. Try powering through the mount and if you get the same results it's almost certainly going to be the GPS. Won't hurt to have a look at the contacts between the two pieces but can't say I've ever heard of a problem with them since the earliest A119 and the contact redesign.

Phil
My friend has a Regular Viofo A129 Duo with GPS.. Is the GPS Module Mount for the regular A129 Duo and A129 PRO Duo the same exact? If so, then if I plug in my A129 PRO to test and if the GPS works then I would be sure its my GPS module is bad right? If not I will check the Pins under magnification and see what it looks like- but this is brand new mounted and never unmounted and it worked fine for a week and GPS worked for a week. It just failed suddenly, but its not common, thats weird. I had bad spliced cable and now GPS failed im having alot of bad luck with this set-up. Thank you for the help

I noticed today that when I press the A129 in the top right corner hard against the GPS Module Mount the "No GPS" goes off Briefly and changes to 0 MPH but just for like 2 seconds after I let go it returns to 'No GPS" does this mean the Mount pins are bad or the pins on the camera are bad? I do not understand what caused this to happen- GPS was working fine for over a week and suddenly stopped yesterday. Please let me know what you think. The vendor told me to re-flash FirmWare- how this would help I have no idea, but will try it anyway. Thank you.

I noticed today that when I press the A129 in the top right corner hard against the GPS Module Mount the "No GPS" goes off Briefly and changes to 0 MPH but just for like 2 seconds after I let go it returns to 'No GPS" does this mean the Mount pins are bad or the pins on the camera are bad? I do not understand what caused this to happen- GPS was working fine for over a week and suddenly stopped yesterday. Please let me know what you think. The vendor told me to re-flash FirmWare- how this would help I have no idea, but will try it anyway. Thank you.
I would confirm by testing on your friends GPS mount. I would even test his on your GPS mount to ensure the issue is your mount and not the camera itself.

How did you resolve the “no GPS” issue? Couple of months back got my new dashcam a129 plua duo and facing the same issue.

The No GPS issue is a hardware issue. The most easy way to check if is the camera or the GPS mount is to have some friend with any A129 dashcam.

How did you resolve the “no GPS” issue? Couple of months back got my new dashcam a129 plua duo and facing the same issue.
I resolved it by purchasing another GPS mount from another seller because the one I received was defective along with the wiring harness was wired wrong at the original seller and the seller sent a new harness which was nice since it was bad however they refused to replace the bad GPS unit they provided which was pretty sad. Therefore I had to pay the $20 out of my own pocket to replace the defective one they sold me.

Back