Viofo a129 pro duo

Good afternoon- I have new multiple problems with my viofoa129/NEO/Spliced output cable kit besides parking mode now....
Please see attached photos of the spliced output cable the vendor supplied please note the colors and the tags on the wires. Do you think this was done correctly? Thank you for your opinions

the first picture is the cable coming from the Viofo A129 Pro and the second picture is the cable coming from the Cellink NEO

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 7
Good afternoon- I have new multiple problems with my viofoa129/NEO/Spliced output cable kit besides parking mode now....
Please see attached photos of the spliced output cable the vendor supplied please note the colors and the tags on the wires. Do you think this was done correctly? Thank you for your opinions

the first picture is the cable coming from the Viofo A129 Pro and the second picture is the cable coming from the Cellink NEO
Unfortunately, you cannot see what wire is connected to what. The labels do show that the red wire from the Viofo kit is the Battery wire, while the red wire from the NEO is the accessory. Only way to confirm is to cut back the shrink tube.

Have you contacted BlackBoxMyCar to explain your issue? Ask the about the different wire color coding to confirm they are aware.

Unfortunately, you cannot see what wire is connected to what. The labels do show that the red wire from the Viofo kit is the Battery wire, while the red wire from the NEO is the accessory. Only way to confirm is to cut back the shrink tube.

Have you contacted BlackBoxMyCar to explain your issue? Ask the about the different wire color coding to confirm they are aware.
Hi, Yes I contacted blackbox yesterday and told them my problem they told me to re-flash the firmware then I let it over night to check parking mode. Now I have new problems-

Last edited:
re-flashing firmware did nothing except now I have a new problem. when I start car the viofo powers on and boots up then by itself it turns off and on continually until I have to unplug the viofo and re-plug the viofo again then it stays on recording. when I turn the car off the viofo is compete dead no power at all and the NEO isn't putting power to viofo when the car is off. I get no parking mode and no parking mode clips on any parking mode setting that I tested...

Last edited:
based on the symptoms I have with the set up. whats your best guess what the actual problem is? do you suspect the cable is the culprit? or is it the neo or viofo?

Now I am concerned if I should even leave the system plugged into my car if the wires are wrong on the cable can it damage my car? its a brand new very expensive car

based on the symptoms I have with the set up. whats your best guess what the actual problem is? do you suspect the cable is the culprit? or is it the neo or viofo?
Since it's not powering the camera, I would suspect something to do with the NEO.

Did you re-flash the same firmware or was it a newer firmware version?

Since it's not powering the camera, I would suspect something to do with the NEO.

Did you re-flash the same firmware or was it a newer firmware version?
I received with 2.1 firmware and reflashed with 2.1 firmware as BBMC instructed

maybe I have something wrong in my settings? I tried it with all of the parking mode settings and tried differing the other settings to see if there was any differences. maybe there is something I set wrong thats causing it? I have no idea. the only change that I am seeing different from yesterday to today is that now when first starting car the viofo boots up then turns off by itself then it goes back on for a couple seconds then goes back off over and over till I unplug the viofo and re-plug it back in then it stays on and records.

Last edited:
I received with 2.1 firmware and reflashed with 2.1 firmware as BBMC instructed

maybe I have something wrong in my settings? I tried it with all of the parking mode settings and tried differing the other settings to see if there was any differences. maybe there is something I set wrong thats causing it? I have no idea. the only change that I am seeing different from yesterday to today is that now when first starting car the viofo boots up then turns off by itself then it goes back on for a couple seconds then goes back off over and over till I unplug the viofo and re-plug it back in then it stays on and records.
Are you plugged into the GPS mount or direct? If through the GPS mount, try direct.

Back