VIOFO A129 Pro - Settings

sztruhar.daniel

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dash Cam
VIOFO A129 PRO
Hello,
As I am a beginner in dashcams I wanted to ask a few questions.
Recently I have bought a VIOFO A129 pro (front only) camera and had been testing it. During the day the camera is not bad but I cant read the license plates as well as I anticipated, I have seen many videos where this was not a problem. I tried several settings regarding resolution (4k 30 fps and 2k 60fps). And also at night the camera cant get the license plates because they are lit too much from the headlights.

I used a original CPL filter and mainly the 4k30 fps setting with max bitrate. I dont know where the problem is (if there is any). I was traveling 100 km/h (maybe this was the problem?)

Thus I would like to ask which settings are best for both day and night use.

Thank you very much for answering.

Hello,
As I am a beginner in dashcams I wanted to ask a few questions.
Recently I have bought a VIOFO A129 pro (front only) camera and had been testing it. During the day the camera is not bad but I cant read the license plates as well as I anticipated, I have seen many videos where this was not a problem. I tried several settings regarding resolution (4k 30 fps and 2k 60fps). And also at night the camera cant get the license plates because they are lit too much from the headlights.

I used a original CPL filter and mainly the 4k30 fps setting with max bitrate. I dont know where the problem is (if there is any). I was traveling 100 km/h (maybe this was the problem?)

Thus I would like to ask which settings are best for both day and night use.

Thank you very much for answering.
Can you post some video showing the problem?
(Most people put it on YouTube, although Google Drive is also good since it allows us to download the original.)

It is hard to give good advice when we can't see what you are talking about...

Would be good to see a daylight (sunny) video too, darkness and rain is never going to give great results!

There is a new delay on entering parking mode, that is intentional, avoids some problems, maybe if you turn your engine off at the traffic lights (pollution rules in some countries), you don't want to miss a few seconds when the lights turn green because it switches out of parking mode.

Here are 2 more clips in daylight. I just want to know if the camera image is as it should be or do I need to change anything. The settings were 4k30 fps, +0EV, max bitrate.

Here are 2 more clips in daylight. I just want to know if the camera image is as it should be or do I need to change anything. The settings were 4k30 fps, +0EV, max bitrate.
Looks good to me, I don't think you need to change anything :)

I normally point mine a little higher, so the horizon is at 50% height. This changes the exposure a bit, and reduces the fisheye effect, but your position seems to work OK with your car so I don't think you need to change it.

For the 16:30 video, there is a lot of motion blur on the cars coming the other direction, but I think that is just low light level. This time of year it should be better but I can see it is thick cloud and the time was 16:30, not much light.

For the dark video, no camera will give clear number plates when moving in the dark, and especially when it is raining.

The sunset video looks very good.

Back